Scripts anyone?

hey guys

does any one know where i can get sitcom scripts on the net? for like green wing, peep show, fawlty towers or any british sitcom really...i'm not stealing i just need to analysis them for uni work...

...oh and becuase im a geek and i want to look :D

thanks

Stef, can you stick to full, correct Queen's English please? The usage of 'txt spk' is strictly against site rules. Thanks.

In answer, there are a number of script books available. Off the top of my head, Fawlty Towers, Green Wing, Rising Damp, Blackadder, The Office, and Porridge are all available to buy, and I'm sure that there are others.

Quote: Stef @ April 8 2008, 3:59 PM BST

coz im a geek

You'll fit in fine.

If it's okay to post links in here?

Robin Kelly's site has a wealth of useful info.

http://www.robinkelly.btinternet.co.uk/books.htm#sitcom

as well as some top scripts I notice. Ahem.

:)

Quote: Aaron @ April 8 2008, 4:03 PM BST

Stef, can you stick to full, correct Queen's English please? The usage of 'txt spk' is strictly against site rules. Thanks.

sorry Aaron, force of habbit.

thanks Marc :)

Stef, can you stick to full, correct Queen's English please?

Quote: Stef @ April 8 2008, 3:59 PM BST

Hello citizens!

Does one know where we might aquire sitcom scripts on the net?

Is that better Aaron?

*whispers you're missing a 'c'*
Quick before Aaron comes!

(literally.)

Laughing out loud

Quote: Marc P @ April 8 2008, 4:15 PM BST

If it's okay to post links in here?

Why would it not be?

Quote: zooo @ April 8 2008, 4:26 PM BST

*whispers you're missing a 'c'*
Quick before Aaron comes!

(literally.)

Beat me to it!

Perhaps not the best choice of phrase, considering.

If he's getting off on our poor spelling then I'm must be one huge whore.

Quote: Curt @ April 8 2008, 4:37 PM BST

I'm must be

>_<

In answer, there are a number of script books available. Off the top of my head, Fawlty Towers, Green Wing, Rising Damp, Blackadder, The Office, and Porridge are all available to buy, and I'm sure that there are others.

I've got the script book to Bottom series 2 and some of South Park, and I've had a glance through The Office, and the problem I find is that they are not in strict sitcom format ie like you would prep on Script Smart or other software. When I read scripts I not only want to see the dialogue but I also want to see how it should all be formatted so that I can learn from it.

I would much rather see the 'actual' scripts rather than the scripts in a book. Does this make sense? Sadly, it appears difficult to find actual scripts of sitcom on the internet.

Def.

Quote: Aaron @ April 8 2008, 4:35 PM BST

Why would it not be?

Some sites get shirty Aaron. I'm new here. Feeling my way around as it were.

Quote: Deferenz @ April 8 2008, 4:44 PM BST

I've got the script book to Bottom series 2 and some of South Park, and I've had a glance through The Office, and the problem I find is that they are not in strict sitcom format ie like you would prep on Script Smart or other software. When I read scripts I not only want to see the dialoge but I also want to see how it should all be formatted so that I can learn from it.

I would much rather see the 'actual' scripts rather than the scripts in a book. Does this make sense? Sadly, it appears difficult to find actual scripts of sitcom on the internet.

Def.

I was under the impression that (at least some of) those did present them in-format!

Quote: Marc P @ April 8 2008, 4:45 PM BST

Some sites get shirty Aaron. I'm new here. Feeling my way around as it were.

I really don't understand that. Ridiculous! No such Frenchess here.

Quote: Aaron @ April 8 2008, 4:48 PM BST

I was under the impression that (at least some of) those did present them in-format!

I really don't understand that. Ridiculous! No such Frenchess here.

Frenchess, is that like French with a twist?