How do I find a good agent?

I've looked in Writers and Artist Yearbook but I wish there was a star rating or something because as a newcomer I've no idea? Any suggestions? Thanks

Yeah I'm also interested in looking in to this, because I've had my feedback from Marc Blake now and I've written a new script which I think is great, it still needs a couple of re-drafts but then I'm looking to send it to some production companies, but I've read that its best to have a literary agent first. So help would appreciated.

Ok little info on agents for you, like getting someone to commission your work they are hard to attract, first of all they have to have a lot of faith in you, like a production company you can email various agents and tell them who you are, ect (get the right type of agent of course) and send them some of your work.

They will help you find the right people to look at your stuff and it opens more production doors when you have an agent representing you.

So keep trying, but put into mind a agent having an uncommissioned writer on there books isn't very common.

Comedy's one of the few areas where you don't need an agent to get going. If you compare the number of drama prodcos who accept unsolicited stuff to comedy prodcos the number is tiny.

Obviously it can help but unlike the book trade finding an agent is very far from being the be all and end all.

ablurga is right, you can do fine without an agent and if your script is good enough it will get the attention it deserves... but you can't doubt the power and influence the help of an agent can offer they can and do open more doors as there are a lot of production companies that don't have an open door policy to a first time writers.