Big Mood

All six episodes are up on Channel 4, I watched the first episode and I like it. Nicola Coughlan is about as far from Clare in Derry Girls as you can get and Lydia West gets the more sardonic straight part but lots of good lines. I really wasn't keen on the teacher plot, I think it could have been funny but the way it was done just felt wrong. But lots of potential.

Watched the first 3 eps on Channel 4 (as in the online/4OD/All4 service) before Taskmaster yesterday. Enjoying it, so far! Coughlan and West are great in it, and as funny and chaotic as it can be, it really feels like it depicts mental health well and how much of a pain in the arse it is to maintain control and try to keep your head above the water.

Agree on the teacher plot, definitely wrong - he said he's been thinking about her the last 15 years then in episode 2 she's celebrating her 30th Birthday, so she'd have been 14/15 initially, ew! That and he'd married another girl from her school year in the end...

Loved it! I liked the teacher thing - showed that even the men acting like they're saving you from pervs can also be pervs.
The only thing that didn't ring true for me was that her best friend let her walk unknowingly into a party with everyone she knew, plus an ex she wanted to impress, dressed in dirty pyjamas with unwashed hair, looking like crap. No one would do that! But I guess if she was happy to go shopping looking like that then maybe it's fair enough.

I found this depressing to watch. Nicola Coughlan in particular gives an absolutely stand-out performance though, for sure.

Great series. Very dark, intelligent and funny.