Pulp or the Spice Girls? Page 3

Did Jarvis once let his dog do a big steaming poo on your front lawn?

It would've been better than their music. Pulp are shit.

Did Jarvis once insert a firework into your cats anus and set it off?

Pulp are a really good band.

Actually, to the best of my knowledge (which, admittedly, on this particular subject is not great), Pulp are not a band. Billy Cotton, he had a band. Glenn Miller, he had a band. Ambrose was a band leader. Pulp are/were a pop group

Delusions of grandeur?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 29th December 2023, 8:12 AM

Actually, to the best of my knowledge (which, admittedly, on this particular subject is not great), Pulp are not a band. Billy Cotton, he had a band. Glenn Miller, he had a band. Ambrose was a band leader. Pulp are/were a pop group

Delusions of grandeur?

As soon as I posted that I guessed that "Someone" would pick up on that. How about all these girl bands then? And what about Robin Hoods band of merry men or Just William's band of outlaws?

Billy's being silly.

Fat Larry's BAND

The Average White BAND

Allman Brothers Band, Sensational Alex Harvey Band, Grease Band

Well, of course, that's what they choose to call themselves. Doesn't mean to say that it is a correct description. Any more than the Righteous Brothers are brothers or, indeed, the Scissor Sisters are sisters.

Isn't the definition of band a group of people who make or perform music by playing instruments or singing? I never realised it was such a controversial area.

Not important. You could argue that Pulp are a shit group or a shit band. Or you could shut the f**k about them.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 30th December 2023, 10:49 AM

Not important. You could argue that Pulp are a shit group or a shit band. Or you could shut the f**k about them.

Although they're much better than the spice Girls.

Quote: chipolata @ 30th December 2023, 10:34 AM

Isn't the definition of band a group of people who make or perform music by playing instruments or singing? I never realised it was such a controversial area.

Just trying to maintain the traditional difference in terminology between two completely different types of musical performances so as to avoid confusion.

If we're not careful we'll have people calling LPs "albums". Or films "movies".

Most pointless thread.

Ever.

Lock it up ffs!!!!!