BCG Fantasy Premier League 2023/24 Page 17

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 1st October 2023, 7:38 PM

What league is that in?

Up the Clique. Or as I prefer to call it, Only Fools and Horse.

I don't often say this to you Don
but that was pretty funny

Yes, I agree - that was clever and funny

It's the last time I listen to emails from the FPL.
They gave me a secret tip about a player who was playing twice this week and has scored lots of goals and assists.
(secret tip sent to millions) M.Tresor
So I took a risk and captained him. I thought it was a good move as Haarland did nowt this week.
Then I saw he didn't even play. I hope the bugger laces his boots tonight.

Yeah don't listen to that lot, they're always giving duff advice. The trendy keyword of the mo is differentials, picking different high scoring players from the most used to get a lead on your league rivals. That's why Godot doesn't post for ages, he's so busy going through all the computer data looking for lesser picked players whose biorhythms match up with the algorithms.

He finally picks the player he's found with a 99.99% probability of scoring the most points after 103 man hours spent searching, then his maverick foreign coach drops him for the game because he doesn't like his new haircut. It's just not worth the bother.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 3rd October 2023, 8:21 AM

It's the last time I listen to emails from the FPL.
They gave me a secret tip about a player who was playing twice this week and has scored lots of goals and assists.
(secret tip sent to millions) M.Tresor
So I took a risk and captained him. I thought it was a good move as Haarland did nowt this week.
Then I saw he didn't even play. I hope the bugger laces his boots tonight.

Be careful what you wish for. If he doesn't feature tonight you'll earn 7 points from your first-named substitute & 2 additional points from your vice-captain. Of course he may come on as a late substitute and gets booked. A bit like Sterling last night.

A bad week for me as I was mugged off by apparent 'injuries' which didn't actually stop the players from playing. And, of course, I'd stuck them on the bench and lost out on points.

Even more annoying, I should have had a substitution activated but this has been ignored and the injured defender left on the pitch - 1st choice sub is a defender, so this is ridiculous. I'm sure this has happened more than once this season.

There's one game left. Auto subs activated after that.

Oh I didn't realise it was a double game week
Pleased I missed it, as it may have meant trying to draft in a few Luton or Burnley players that I'd get stuck with for a few weeks

Must pay a bit more attaention I guess though

Had two own goal scorers this week, luckily one locked on the bench.

Less lucky with Saka giving away two penalties and maximum bonus, the daft f**king c**t. That's three penalties he's already given to other players this season, including two to OdourGuard.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 1st October 2023, 9:16 AM

Billy and Godot are the new joint leaders. Of course it doesn't look quite as good when you're already 50 and 80 points respectively behind two non counting players after only 7 gameweeks. But well done anyway.

See my post about luck above, unless you think that Radish actually somehow predicted the three goals and a two assists that Watkins got this week and will never get again in one game across his entire career.

Radish hasn't played badly this season but he hasn't played especially well either. He's currently ranked 14K in the world. Out of 10 million

To put that into perspective, here's his previous season rankings;

Season------Rank
2022/23-----754504
2021/22-----583714
2020/21-----509185
2019/20-----885951
2018/19-----1696278
2017/18-----519720
2016/17-----768342
2015/16-----920627
2014/15-----186652
2013/14-----2877782

Ask Don to explain, if you still don't get it.

Quote: don rushmore @ 1st October 2023, 7:54 PM

Up the Clique. Or as I prefer to call it, Only Fools and Horse.

Pretty good. And much better than your previous attempts of

'Cliques and Geeks'
'Cliquebait'
'Clique and Collect'
'Twin Cliques'
'Clique District'

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/36277/30/

It's a pity the naming comp ended two years ago.

Didn't see there was another game tonight. Well, that's a few more points for my paltry total...

Quote: Ben @ 3rd October 2023, 4:52 PM

Didn't see there was another game tonight. Well, that's a few more points for my paltry total...

But only if you've got Burnley or Luton players.

It has been proved that Diaz's goal was onside and should have counted.
The VAR commentary has been released and they were all arguing and didn't even look at the off-side line. A poor outcome for Liverpool - and me.

VAR could have been so good, but has turned into a fiasco, made worse by the Spurs/Pool game.

So, the game had restarted for a few seconds - so what? Why couldn't the goal have been reinstated the next time the ball went out of play.