Seeking sitcom writing partner

Hi

I'm based in the North East and I've entered a few sitcom competitions with a top 12 placed finish in the sitcom mission in 2015 the highlight. I've attended online and face to face sitcom writing courses.

I've got less time to write with a daughter and would like someone to bounce ideas off and write together to enter a sitcom competition in July.

I still strongly believe in my idea of a sitcom based in the middle East about expat workers and their struggles with the culture and enclosed compound environment.

My main sitcom influences are:

Only fools and horses
Prorridge
Gavin and Stacey
Phoenix Nights
Bluestone 42
Derry girls

So if you have similar influences, think you can help expand my sitcom idea then let me know!

Thanks

Kev

You've been writing with your daughter? And that idea seems a bit like Auf Weidersehn Pet in concept. Anyway welcome and good luck with your search.

Hi
Just found your thread from a year ago.
Wondering if you got anywhere with your Expat idea.
I was an expat in Saudi years ago and could supply many ridiculous scenarios and characters from experience.
I laughed at lot during my time there, maybe the 'great British public' would laugh too.
The problem, of course, is to avoid the writing being labelled as denigrating or racist by any proud Arab national or the PC brigade.
Certainly a challenge but not insurmountable.
If you want to chat, just use the password 'Swordfish'.