Value For Money (1955)

Sort of romcom and for a change in colour, and fortunately not that heavily saturated colour that was so prevalent with early British films.

So, not my sort of film really, BUT it had Diana Dors, looking absolutely gorgeous - PHEW! starring in it - my resistance was low.

Other star? Oh yeah, John Gregson as son of mill owner who inherits not only the lot when his father dies, but also his father's miserly ways, and when he falls head over heels for Diana, she does her best to make him spend his money, but fails. And along the way he treats his bride to be Susan Stephen like dirt, and by the way, Miss Stephen has appeared before in films I've seen - this pretty elfin, well I wouldn't call her a beauty, who had a short lived career in films when she became disenchanted with it all.

Also had in it Derek Farr, Joan Hickson, Donald Pleasence, Leslie Phillips sans tash, just about recognisable, uncredited Amanda Barrie AND didn't notice him - Oliver Reed as an "Extra".

There was a harmonica player on the town's outing coach to London (where Gregson meets showgirl Diana), who I was sure was Tommy Reilly, but it turned out to be Ronald Chesney before he became renowned sitcom writer of such classics as On the Buses and The Rag Trade - not a lot of people know that

Not a bad film, glad I watched it, but my wife tutted when she saw my jaw drop and I started to dribble whenever Diana was on the screen. But Hell, she was looking very sexy. Lovey