Political Correctness gone mad

OK, there's a couple of threads regarding PC if you are writing scripts etc. but not one where you can highlight the f**king insanity that is disgorging itself from interfering loony do-gooders. If you need to get it off your chest (Ladies have chests, don't they? Or have I over stepped the mark), here's the place.

There is to be no more Mr. Potato Head, which has been around for about 80 years, but now he (it?!?) has to be gender neutral.

"Now, do you want the male or female Potato Head?"

And what about Mrs. Potato Head, you f**kwit? We've had male and female Potato Heads - so what's wrong with that?

Are they going to now redub all the "Toy Story" films? We can't have people hearing such disgusting sexual filth in those films!

Put away the pitchforks, they've just changed the overall brand name.
Both Mr & Mrs are still available.

Quote: Lazzard @ 26th February 2021, 12:55 PM

Both Mr & Mrs are still available.

No, they're not.

They don't have private parts at all.

Besides, no kid has had a Mr/Mrs Potato Head for years. They just used some toys that the writers remembered in their youth in Toy Story.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 26th February 2021, 1:18 PM

They just used some toys that the writers remembered in their youth in Toy Story.

Very true.
And this was probably the only way the brand would get ever get outraged headlines in a UK paper.
It's astute marketing gone mad, I tell you!

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 26th February 2021, 1:18 PM

Besides, no kid has had a Mr/Mrs Potato Head for years. They just used some toys that the writers remembered in their youth in Toy Story.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Playdoh-Playskool-Mr-Potato-Head/dp/B005KJE9L2/ref=pd_lpo_21_img_1/258-9779650-0017118?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B005KJE9L2&pd_rd_r=e74765e2-56d4-44d8-9ed6-828a8b1f8c29&pd_rd_w=b34TB&pd_rd_wg=g15DO&pf_rd_p=da0677f5-a47b-4543-8b54-10be576b8f26&pf_rd_r=S7Y6BTJ7P9TG73D9K0NP&psc=1&refRID=S7Y6BTJ7P9TG73D9K0NP

Quote: Lazzard @ 26th February 2021, 1:53 PM

Very true.
And this was probably the only way the brand would get ever get outraged headlines in a UK paper.
It's astute marketing gone mad, I tell you!

BBC News is where I saw it, and yes, I remember the cynical promotion Coca Cola did a few years back when they said they were changing the recipe - what a load of balls.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th February 2021, 2:48 PM

I remember the cynical promotion Coca Cola did a few years back when they said they were changing the recipe - what a load of balls.

They've outdone themselves with their "try being less white" employee training video. ;)

Quote: DaButt @ 26th February 2021, 3:08 PM

They've outdone themselves with their "try being less white" employee training video. ;)

Good God, where will it all end. I dread to think, BUT as the Big Sleep approaches, I hope to miss the fun of no one being male or female. Awomen to that.

It's a tiny majority shouting long and loud.
Of course all the cow towers come along on their behalf.

There's even been a law passed today that pregnant people can be called mothers.
If they continue with the mental idiom that men can have babies, they'll get a law saying they cant .

Quote: DaButt @ 26th February 2021, 3:08 PM

Well apart from albinos who exactly is white? I'm not. I'm a sort of beige colour.

And anyway Mr and Mrs Potato Head are obviously interchangeable so really trans.

Should be....be more right.

This place is morphing by the day in to a copy of Viz.

In my day you bought a set of eyes, noses, mouths, ears, moustaches, etc but had to stick them into an actual potato (hence the name) - not a manufactured blob of brown plastic.

Why do you let it get to you? Of course most of it is a load of what one could formerly call bollocks. But lets have it right any dickhead who wants to say something outrageously WOKE is finding a platform / traction in the right wing press as the last thing they want to talk about is PPE Scams, Pedo Princes's , Border f**k ups or anything else that effects our day to day lives.
The trick is as old as the hills stop biting for f**ks sake most of us are old enough to see it for what it is and the rest want it to sound that way as it fits with their agenda.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 27th February 2021, 8:49 AM

Why do you let it get to you?

Because I'm sick and tired of Americanisms and words infiltrating the English language, and highlighting it for people who are too thick or don't care to see the deterioration.

Have you tried reading Shakespearean English?

Languages change and you can't really do anything about it.