Walter Wants Work (1922)

Short silent (of course) from the director, writer AND star (!) Walter Forde, and it seems a number of these were made. Forde also directed "The Ghost Train" which was written by Arnold Ridley (Dad's Army's Godfrey).

Sadly not a match on suchlike coming out of Hollywood at that time, but interesting - I'd loved to know where the street scenes were filmed, but Reelstreets couldn't come up with an answer, which is not surprising.

Worth a watch if only for curiosity's sake, as under half hour long.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 16th August 2020, 6:16 AM

Sadly not a match on suchlike coming out of Hollywood at that time.

Could this not be said about any British film at any time? Try comparing it with other British flicks?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 16th August 2020, 2:47 PM

Could this not be said about any British film at any time? Try comparing it with other British flicks?

Not at all, some of the murder/thriller/drama/mystery films were as good, if not better than what the Yanks were putting out, and there's not many "British flicks" of that period to compare with, plus I am only reviewing what I see on TPTV.

If you want to come up to recent times, just look how much the Yanks f**ked up the likes of "The Ladykillers" - a British film that was absolutely brilliant, but of course "they" thought they could remake it better , and failed