You Rang, M'Lord? Page 5

Yes, Wheel, your nuts are loose.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 3rd March 2019, 1:29 PM

Comedy is subjective but it's not that effing subjective! :O

Father Ted and Dad's Army are repeated continually because they're bloody funny. You Rang, M'Lord? is about as funny as Hi-De-Hi! - which isn't meant to be a compliment.

I don't think you guys would be offended if I said it was better than OFAH. No need to get defensive LMAO. IMO, You Rang M'Lord is better than Father Ted and Dad's Army, because I prefer the characters, I find the setting and the storyline really good. The story continues into next episode, it's 50 minutes long which is perfect.

Not everyone likes Dad's Army and Father Ted and it isn't end of the world if it isn't to be honest.

Quote: Wheel @ 5th March 2019, 10:43 AM

I don't think you guys would be offended if I said it was better than OFAH. No need to get defensive LMAO. IMO, You Rang M'Lord is better than Father Ted and Dad's Army, because I prefer the characters, I find the setting and the storyline really good. The story continues into next episode, it's 50 minutes long which is perfect.
Not everyone likes Dad's Army and Father Ted and it isn't end of the world if it isn't to be honest.

Well there you go you see. I am not a massive fan of OFAH - it's OK but I certainly wouldn't buy a box set as I now own for DA & FT, which to me are very funny.

I think you would be hard pushed to find somebody (apart from CERTAIN people Whistling nnocently) who do not like Dad's Army.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th March 2019, 11:10 AM

Well there you go you see. I am not a massive fan of OFAH - it's OK but I certainly wouldn't buy a box set as I now own for DA & FT, which to me are very funny.

I think you would be hard pushed to find somebody (apart from CERTAIN people Whistling nnocently) who do not like Dad's Army.

I don't mean to offend anyone, but we all should respect other people's taste. I'm a massive fan of OFAH and Porridge, but I respect people who don't like them. It seems with some people on the site, they don't like it when someone says they don't like FT, or Blackadder.

Absolutely (do you like that by the way? :D) It would be a very dull place if we all liked the same thing, it's just that it goes against the grain a tad when someone comes up with completely different likes and dislikes to the majority on here.

No, you keep waving your flag - you have every right to. :)

EDIT:

Let me tell 'e a tale Jim lad.............................

A few years back we used to have a poster George Roper who was a massive fan of On The Buses (and G&M of course) and he took no end of abuse about his likes and dislikes in comedy, but I don't think I ever did see him post a complaint - he just kept churning out what he liked. It was like water off a duck's back. And good on him!!

Sadly, he hasn't posted for some time now and I'm wondering if he is "still around". Anyone know?

A good comedy discussion is always welcome, though only welcomed when it actually is a discussion and someone can elaborate on their reasons for liking or disliking a particular show. Folk just saying "It's crap", with no reason behind the thinking, is what tends to grind peoples gears I think.

By the way, I can't be alone in thinking that Dad's Army is well loved amongst site members, however there will be a difference in opinion as to the last two series. Personally, that's when they start to irritate me slightly as the characters longevity is utterly dried up. Pike turned into a complete tool!

We're watching YRML at the moment. Akin to other posters it isn't hugely funny but is an amusing mickey take of 'Upstairs, Downstairs', which we enjoy.

We're watching this series at the moment - Mr L doesn't recall it from the late 80s/early 90s but I did. It's good fun and a clever parody of Upstairs, Downstairs.

Quote: MrsLogicFromViz @ 5th December 2023, 8:34 PM

We're watching this series at the moment - Mr L doesn't recall it from the late 80s/early 90s but I did. It's good fun and a clever parody of Upstairs, Downstairs.

I heard you the first time.

Quote: Chappers @ 6th December 2023, 5:52 PM

I heard you the first time.

Least said, soonest mended.

Very good :D