Getting a sitcom discovered

Hello, I have been writing a sitcom for a year and a half. I have a scripts, treatment, posters, celeb endorsement, my story in the local paper and a small following on fb.
What do I do next? How do I get it in front of the right people?
Take a look at THE DUMP SITCOM on fb and insta, need all the support I can get.
Any help welcome.
Robert

Looking at the group photo that illustrates the sitcom, I'm assuming it shows the cast.

There are eight characters - seven men and one woman.

All of those eight characters are white.

The sound on the example clip is very patchy but it appears to show a man telling a colleague "All women are massive whores".

If this were the 1970s, I'd say we might be looking at a smash hit.

Thanks for your feedback, I'm not trying to please everyone and tick a racial, gender, pc box. I am looking to find an audience not be as broad as possible. Some will hate it and some will like it. I agree it doesn't play by the rules and I wave that flag, it's unapologetically close to the bone and I hate to blow this wide open but sometimes there isn't a person of different ethnicity around.
It will take a miracle for a production company to take a chance on this show but as long as there is passion and drive in me I will keep trying.
Thanks again for your feedback.

You can make fun of PC, but making it completely non-PC? Not sure.

Seem like a good premis.
Can't see why you couldn't up the diversity, though?
Shooting yourself in the foot somewhat, 'cos your right, it's too easy to reject at the moment.

Having said that, ALL4 Comedy Blaps is quite a good way in: https://www.channel4.com/media/documents/commissioning/COMEDY/WHAT%20WE%20ARE%20LOOKING%20FOR%202018v2.pdf Apart from that there aren't many places you can get into without a recognised ProdCo behind you
Personally I would re-cast & re-shoot with a better mix.
The channels are really serious about this now, and you can moan all you want but you'll be doing it, unproduced, from your bedroom.

I could do going forward if a production company asks me to but I think it's too easy to tick all the boxes, ill see how far I can get. We can all agree that it is original and I will take that as a plus.
Thanks so much for your feedback peeps:D

Hi Rob,

I see your point and I admire your determination but, in the modern day and age, diversity and political correctness come before every other consideration in the world of television.

One day, British TV might return to the days when a sitcom could have a substantially male cast and one of them was allowed to suggest that somewhere on the face of the earth there might be such a thing as an imperfect woman.

Until then, I think The Dump might struggle - but I wish you all the luck in the world.

It's been a struggle so far so no change there then. Thanks so much for taking the time to have a look and I hope to prove you wrong with the diversity, time will tell.
Thanks so mich for taking the time to have a look.
Rob

See edited post above.
And a ProdCo won't ask you to change it because they will have gone some with someone smart enough to have done it already.
It's really not worth dying in a ditch about.

Congratulations on actually getting it done - and I like the poster, although it's perhaps a bit too similar to Trainspotting. You might actually find it easier to write if there's a more diverse cast - it's presumably set in London, where a place like that would almost certainly have black and brown people in the workforce, and therefore make it easier to differentiate between the characters. Also, have at least two women - they'd be accomplices, plotting against the sexism of the men, adding to the plotlines. As it is, having a load of men of similar appearance and background will make it really difficult to tell them apart. I know this was done in something like Auf Wiedersehen Pet or even Dad's Army, but things have moved on since then, as everyone else has pointed out.

Beaky, ever the gent, has actually put a positive spin on this.
People with different backgrounds are easier to write for.
Everyone's a winner.
:)

Very good point. Thanks guys

Quote: Lazzard @ 6th August 2019, 6:13 PM

Beaky, ever the gent,

As soon as I read that, I saw it as a setup for an almost-irresistible joke about "Beaky" and "gents".

I thought to myself "Would Beaky be offended?" but I was sure he wouldn't. In fact, I thought he'd love it.

Then I thought "Would anybody else on BCG be offended?" and my answer was "You bet your f***ing life they would!"

I shall accordingly let the opportunity pass. I mean, it's not as if this is a comedy site or anything.

Haha!

I'm offended no one has supplied a proper link. Searching for The Dump Sitcom doesn't seem to work.