My computer is spying on me!

I've just sent an email to a friend of mine that included the sentence, "I'll get a new Android phone sometime between now and Christmas."

Within a minute of sending it, I received a message from Cortana in the bottom right of my screen saying "You mentioned to (my friend's name) 'I'll get a new Android phone sometime between now and Christmas'. I will remind you on December 25 at 6.14 am"

What the bloody hell is going on? :O

Turn off Cortana. Disaster averted.

Or just hide the rope and orange. Whistling nnocently

Hi Rood Eye, Please stop with all these random threads in General Discussion that go nowhere. This could have been posted in the "Status Report" thread.

No offence but you have been posting so many new threads that could be posted in existing threads. It's gone beyond a joke and I wonder if you live under a bridge :)

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 29th June 2019, 10:54 PM

Hi Rood Eye, Please stop with all these random threads in General Discussion that go nowhere. This could have been posted in the "Status Report" thread.

No offence but you have been posting so many new threads that could be posted in existing threads. It's gone beyond a joke and I wonder if you live under a bridge :)

Hello Tarby, I've no wish to make life any more awful for other BCG members than it already is but I don't understand what the problem is.

As Mark said to you yesterday, "Hi Tarby. 'General Discussion' was actually created to be the 'off topic' non-comedy forum in which one could chat politics, dogs, trees, whatever."

I thought Internet privacy might fall under the 'whatever' category.

If I'm wrong, I'm quite willing to amend my posting style.

This could have been posted in the Status Report thread. No new thread required :) Why do you keep posting new threads with outlandish titles? You posted a thread with the word "banned" in the title but in reality I'm sure you accept that "filtered" is more appropriate.

"Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 29th June 2019, 11:23 PM

This could have been posted in the Status Report thread. No new thread required :) Why do you keep posting new threads with outlandish titles? You posted a thread with the word "banned" in the title but in reality I'm sure you accept that "filtered" is more appropriate.

No, it couldn't usefully have been posted in the status report thread because, if I'd posted it there, the very next posting might well have been somebody saying he was eating a cheese sandwich, followed by a few posts mentioning people's favourite cheese, followed by a post from somebody saying he was cutting his toenails, followed by a post from somebody else saying she'd bought a new brand of coffee and was just about to brew her 1st cup, followed by a couple of posts about people's favourite coffees. And so on and so forth until my plea for advice, information and/or technical assistance became lost in the mists of time.

By creating a new thread under "General Discussion", I stand a very decent chance of getting the assistance I'm looking for. By posting under "Status Report", I reduce my chances very substantially. And who knows? My thread might well attract further posts on the subject of Internet privacy - a subject which should interest every single one of us.

As well as not understanding why you object to my introducing general subjects under "General Discussion", I also fail to understand your objection to my writing in a way likely to attract readers' attention. If I were writing an instruction manual for a lawnmower, I might (I say might) write in a much lower key, restricting myself to the transmission of information without any attempt to make the reading of same an interesting experience for those who choose to read it. Basically, anybody can be as dull as ditchwater - but I choose not to be. I would sincerely hope that any aspiring comedy writer makes the same choice whenever he/she puts finger to keyboard on this site.

If you have further questions, I'll be delighted to address them.

I suggest, however, that before asking further questions, you take off your bonnet, wave it energetically out of an open window and let all the bees escape! Laughing out loud

c**t

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 29th June 2019, 10:54 PM

Hi Rood Eye . . . No offence but . . .

So far, so civilised.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 30th June 2019, 12:09 AM

c**t

D'oh! It's gone off the rails! Laughing out loud

Hopefully, whatever's upsetting Tarby in the real world will resolve itself soon and he'll bounce back to his normal cheerful BCG self.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 30th June 2019, 1:05 AM

Hopefully, whatever's upsetting Tarby in the real world will resolve itself soon and he'll bounce back to his normal cheerful BCG self.

A crawler to boot.

It seems Cortana can't be turned off completely.

Even when disabled, it's still using your CPU.

Who knows what it's up to?

Even Mr Magoo can see it must be doing something. Laughing out loud

It's obvious he feeds off annoying people.
What I presume is called a Troll in modern language.
A troll to me is still one of those little ugly rubber dolls with wild pink hair.

He posts at all times of the day constantly looking to see if anyone has taken the hook.
If that gives you a little kick rude arse, post away.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 30th June 2019, 9:43 AM

Like this?........................

That's quite horrific!