Pyjama Drama

A house in Liverpool with all its windows open due to the heat.
A man man is sat in front of his TV crying as his wife enters the room
WIFE:
Why are you crying I thought you wanted Real Madrid to win?
HUSBAND:
I did I even had £2 on 3-1 with Benzema first goal!
WIFE:
Then why are you crying?
HUSBAND:
Because its too hot to sleep in my Everton pyjamas.

I didnt understand the first part and the second part..I didnt know where to look.

Its a football related one Flook , so if you're not conversant with the game then it wouldn't make much sense, not that it does to the ones that do mind.
Still I applaud you for at least trying to strike up conversations as I fear this site is no longer what it was for one reason or another It feels bereft of hope at the moment as though the fight and the fire has gone out of the posters and their dreams have died along with them. Still I am prone to the dramatic , its probably because I'm obnoxious and my stuffs shit
Still mustn't grumble ;

Take heart, Its a cyclical thing, and a curse of smaller sites -
..that, and an absence of charismatic wankers prepared to put their junk on the chopping block.

I shall be in the foyer signing photographs

edit shpling

Flook on the foyer front I have a true tale to tell.
I spent a part of my childhood in a Roman Catholic orphanage in Liverpool.
One day the local Round Table organised a trip to the cinema with bags of sweets and cartons of juice for all the kids and free viewing of the Sound of Music etc.
Sadly as us wretches were led into the foyer by nuns a lot of the people in the queue thought we were in the cast and several orphans were asked for autographs?
Once it was established we were in fact the real deal the other children were pulled away form us by mortified near do wells

Good one - so how many silk hanks and watches did you get ?

Who are you Ron Moodys alter ego? The Arch Victorian Criminal Flook Nofurther?

With out divulging detail - Had similar happen to me. I was mistakenly taken for an agency official and led around at the head of an entourage inspecting a facility - By the time I realised what was happening, the boss geezer was frantically throwing doors open showing he had nothing to hide. He was sweating like a pig. I kept a fixed smile and thoughtfully nodded appreciation, trying to determine if it was worth pointing out the mistake. Peeps in the know kept straight faces.

I found the dialogue rather expositional and it didn't flow naturally, so that was a bit of a stumbling block. The punchline also failed as it wasn't that funny. Tribalism can be amusing, but this felt rather contrived what with the the temperature issue being crowbarred in there to aid the punchline.

No need for the Real Madrid reference: a Liverpudlian's crying because it's too hot to sleep in his Everton pyjamas. I think it's funny.

Thanks Beaky and Ben comedy is subjective so I suppose that one was not for you but thanks for the feedback .