Happy Families DVD? Page 2

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 12th July 2015, 1:22 PM BST

Ooh thanks, they've got Adrian Mole: The Cappachino Years too. Is the site legit though? It looks a bit, well, dodgy?

No, they're not remotely legit. I mean, it's not a scam in so much as you'll lose your money and get nothing, but it's 100% copyright theft.

The programmes on their DVDs are recorded from TV, regularly in poor quality (VHS at best), and almost always with channel logos blurred out more obtrusively than if they'd been left in.

Seriously dodgy!

Quote: Aaron @ 12th July 2015, 11:46 PM BST

No, they're not remotely legit. I mean, it's not a scam in so much as you'll lose your money and get nothing, but it's 100% copyright theft.

The programmes on their DVDs are recorded from TV, regularly in poor quality (VHS at best), and almost always with channel logos blurred out more obtrusively than if they'd been left in.

Didn't know that. Thanks for spotting that. I was about to buy it! It's very expensive for a copy too.

Simply media have announced some BBC sitcoms for release in the autumn, maybe there's some hope of them releasing Happy Families at some point?.

I doubt it. It's been 30 years and the show has always been shockingly under-valued. Even the UK Gold repeats had nearly a third chopped out for ads. Sad, sad, sad...

So I just messaged Simply Media and apparently they're in active discussions with the BBC to release Happy Families soon!

Great, it'll be out by Friday.

I always thought Simply Media would release it if they could. As far as I remember there was a lot of music used in the series, including Song For Guy by Elton John. Maybe that's put off DVD distributors releasing the series, including 2 Entertain. Hopefully Simply Media can get copyright clearance and release the complete series without having to cut bits out or cut the sound like what happened on the Just Good Friends DVD release.