Bucket

I'd read a review of this in effect saying it was better than Car Share.

However I found it quite excrutiating at times. The only saving grace was Miriam Margolyes' acting.

Who is this woman who wrote it? How did she get it commissioned? I think maybe I laughed twice but the cliched 35 year old virgin was just not all funny.

This doesn't mean I'll watch Car Share though.

Overall I found it a little bit depressing. Obviously Miriam's always unique and watchable though.

Quote: zooo @ 16th April 2017, 8:21 PM

Overall I found it a little bit depressing. Obviously Miriam's always unique and watchable though.

Completely agree.

It is the female equivalent of Steptoe and Son which hasn't been done before but I wasn't keen on the writing.

Oh thank goodness I'm not the only one who's going 'errr!'. MM comes across as a horrible, bullying old bat and her daughter's as wet as a haddock's bathing costume. I love MM in Blackadder, but went right off her when she was interviewed by Mark Lawson.

Frog Stone is yet another Cambridge Footlights alumni.

I enjoyed it, but Frog Stone's character is so boring, to the extent that it's actually difficult to sympathise. Equally, Margoyles's character is so far the other way, the conflict in the final episode was resolved far too quickly.

Incredible. Simply amazing. Wow! I'm talking about my ability to sit through one whole episode of this without punching a lamb.