Please help find detective/comedy series

Hello everybody, I'm looking for the title of a '70s detective series where in the opening titles a black dossier closes inadvertently on a fried egg.

Does anybody remember? Thanks

The Top Secret Life Of Edgar Briggs. It's out now on DVD!

See Amazon product listing

Bloody heck, that was quick Aaron!

Thanks a lot Aaron. I'm actually asking on behalf of a friend :-) and he said it was shown in the 70s, while the series you posted seems more 80s (I recognise the actor from "Only Fools and Horses"). Am I right?

You're right that it's David Jason, but no; if you click through on the link, you'll see the series is from 1974. :)

Opening titles if you don't believe me: https://youtu.be/y5aIUoxHDTI?t=15s

Yes, Aaron, you are right. My friend confirmed he watched it in 1974. Funnily enough, I don't remember this one.

Thanks again!

Written by Bernard McKenna who also wrote The Odd Job and Yellowbeard. Mostly wrote with Graham Chapman.

British comedy has always been my favourite, while I've never been keen on American comedy (e.g. I hated "Happy Days" or "Mork and Mindy" or those comedy programmes with fake laughter).

As I said in my introduction, I loved "Father Dear Father", "Man About the House" and "Doctors on the Go", just to name a few.

Unfortunately British programmes have been virtually non-existent here in Italy since mid-80s (we only have Detective Frost and Barnaby).