Local Hero Page 2

Quote: Aaron @ 23rd January 2015, 12:29 AM GMT

Some years on, it is indeed available:

See Amazon product listing

Stumbled across this thread the other day, and saw the talk for That Sinking Feeling. I had never heard of this before, so I did a quick IMDB search and it looked to be fairly good. I am from Glasgow and was the about the same age as the guys in the film so I could totally relate to the patter (dialogue) and it was great identifying all the palces in Glasgow back in the 1970's. Glasgow has changed significantly from then apart from the constant rain.

The film is ultra low budget, must have cost about £2.57 to make but has a certain charm. It is very dated however some of the dialogue is first class and some of the jokes are very subtle. Not the greatest film ever, nor the funniest although the last 15 minutes or so, particularly the hospital scene is laughout loud funny.

Worth a watch as about half the cast of Gregory's Girl are in the this film. If you like Bill Forsyth films you will enjoy this.

PS the van the guys steal is a Mortons Roll van, who still make the best rolls in Glasgow to this day

Local Hero is fantastic!

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 22nd October 2012, 1:53 PM BST

Watched the Bill Forsyth film Local Hero about a week ago, I think it might be my favourite comedy film. Just wondered what you all think of this little gem?

I like everything about this film. It is just so well written and almost a throwback to the Ealing days.

As above I think this is probably my favourite film and definitely in my Top 10.

I've seen That Sinking Feeling and it's more of a novelty piece with suggestions of what is to come. Always wondered what happened to Bill Forsyth. The last film of his I saw was Gregory's Two Girls which was 'ok' at best and I suspect a lot of that was good will from the original film.