Status report Page 5,831

Quote: zooo @ 2nd July 2015, 7:49 PM BST

Laughing out loud
It takes all sorts.

I'm quite impressed you said hello, I think I might have avoided eye contact altogether (all the eyes).

Well, I really didn't know what to do...that was the best I could come up with at that moment. As I wrote earlier, what is "normal" in such a situation. I'm really thankful she/he didn't try to talk to me that really would have swamped me.

So you spoke to Him/Her in English? Why did you think he/she was English?

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd July 2015, 8:15 PM BST

So you spoke to Him/Her in English? Why did you think he/she was English?

I even converted meters into feet to make you fully understand the anecdote. But you're right, in reality I said: yodeleee yodel dee doooo! :P

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd July 2015, 3:53 PM BST

Well, now you've got that off your chest ;), yes I have had my blood pressure checked and it is perfectly normal, thank you. :D

Have they checked you for diabetes? That made my brother very tired.

Quote: billwill @ 2nd July 2015, 8:40 PM BST

Have they checked you for diabetes? That made my brother very tired.

Yes, when I attended the local diabetes centre at the hospital, but that was 10 years ago when this tiredness first started and all they found was a slight lack of Vit.D.
Having said that I think my GP is going to have a look at it again when he has all the tests in - the heart monitor I had removed this afternoon takes 10 days for the results. It is farmed out to a private company!

A huge black spider just ran across the foot of the bed and now I can't find it :(

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd July 2015, 8:46 PM BST

Yes, when I attended the local diabetes centre at the hospital, but that was 10 years ago when this tiredness first started and all they found was a slight lack of VD.
Having said that I think my GP is going to have a look at it again when he has all the tests in - the heart monitor I had removed this afternoon takes 10 days for the results. It is farmed out to a private company!

isn't that a good thing

Quote: Lee @ 2nd July 2015, 11:37 PM BST

A huge black spider just ran across the foot of the bed and now I can't find it :(

Is it such a big spider that you can't find the foot of your bed?

You probably ate it in your sleep.

Currently sitting in a quiet coach of an East Coast Trains service bound for Newcastle. The bloke sitting opposite is sporting a beard.

Quote: sootyj @ 2nd July 2015, 11:57 PM BST

isn't that a good thing

"A lack of VD. Always a bonus on a Friday."

Well I just shook what I thought was a stone out of my slipper and the bloody thing started to crawl over the carpet. Turned out to be some sort of strange fly. Its corpse now lies in the bin wrapped in toilet roll, thanks to Mr. K who nearly had a heart attack when I screamed.

We're plagued with flies this time of year, so all the guys in my neighborhood have purchased toy guns that kill flies with ordinary table salt. They're probably illegal in the UK, but it's immensely entertaining to massacre flies with one hand while sipping on a cold beer in the other.

http://bugasalt.com/pages/how-gun-works

Quote: DaButt @ 3rd July 2015, 3:24 PM BST

We're plagued with flies this time of year, so all the guys in my neighborhood have purchased toy guns that kill flies with ordinary table salt. They're probably illegal in the UK, but it's immensely entertaining to massacre flies with one hand while sipping on a cold beer in the other.

See! Gun mad you all are!

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd July 2015, 8:21 PM BST

See! Gun mad you all are!

A good hunter eats what he kills, but I make an exception for flies.

Quote: DaButt @ 3rd July 2015, 3:24 PM BST

Reminds me of one of my all time favourite Monty Python sketches:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cZvT3MHpffk