I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,740

Have you been watching Toddlers and Tiaras again ?

The accident on The Smiler Ride at Alton Towers.

Although they have said they don't know the cause of the accident yet, you can bet your boots I do.

I see it all the time..........

I have worked with the health & safety executive when they needed a automation controls expert to check and examine the safeties on a machine after an accident at work.

It was often gory stuff and I gave it up because of that.

And it always comes down to money and incompetence at the design and build stage.
The companies that build these rides (not all) outsource the electrical design to the cheapest bidder (I am not saying this company did but it's common practice)
The European block can undercut anyone by half, easily.

So a lot of safeties that are not on the spec are not implemented.
Simple things like - if a brake fails to enegise, a proximity switch should tell the computer that it didn't 'extend' properly.
It's not actually as simple as that but checking should be done on things like brakes extending and retracting properly before and during every ride.
This is often not done properly because it triples the cost of each braking system and slows the frequency of rides down.
During the testing phase all the brakes work perfectly (they are all new) and the system reports all brakes working correctly.

But the system is often assuming they have worked and doesn't get positive feedback signals to say they have definitely worked and of course they have worked because they are new.

:( Some young man lost a leg I understand. Oh dear.

It's terrible I know. I'm glad to see that the HSE are straight on the case. They won't cover anything up.
I worked on some horrible cases with them, some so bad I had nightmares.

Interesting insight, Stephen.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/face-robber-who-struck-ladbrokes-9355428

A man who robbed a bookies armed with a toilet roll holder and a can of deodorant has made a clean getaway.

The meat pies have arrived and it's bingo in 10 minutes!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-32721856

A man who was caught driving with both his legs in plaster has been jailed. In his defence, he told the judge he was driving a car with dual-crutch control.

So Pistorius might be let out this August after serving just 10 months of his 5 year term - why did they bother to lock the guilty f**ker up in the first place.

Justice? It's a joke.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 8th June 2015, 10:38 PM BST

So Pistorius might be let out this August after serving just 10 months of his 5 year term - why did they bother to lock the guilty f**ker up in the first place.

Justice? It's a joke.

How are they going to fit a tag round his ankle?

http://www.sportsworldnews.com/articles/20908/20141110/more-jail-time-for-oscar-pistorius-as-house-arrest-not-an-option-he-cant-wear-ankle-alarm-bracelet-report-video.htm

I guess they'll just give him probation without a tag and make a few more checks. I mean it's not like he's hard to miss.

I guess the idea is SA has an international image and they don't want a hi profile celeb; being murdered, raped, or committing suicide in one of their hell hole jails. And the only way they can maintain that for 5 years is to take extra special care of him, which is favouritism for a spoiled, rich, white guy.

And I think we all know why that's not going to fly.

How can anybody be sure. Did they put a stake through his heart.

:)

Au Revoir Mr Lee.

I bet they screw the coffin lid down, though.
Just to be sure....

That would be his golden gun, I take it?