Their first album was their best Page 6

Quote: shaggy292 @ 5th April 2015, 7:19 PM BST

Seriously?

Also, sorry to be pedantic, but OP does say 4 album minimum for artists.

Yes - it is for me on account of its simplicity. I do love 'Little Trip To Heaven', 'Grapefruit Moon' and 'Lonely'. I'd have 'Rain Dogs' second which I guess would come first in many people's lists as would 'Swordfishtrombones'. I also really like the soundtrack to 'One From The Heart' which features Crystal Gayle. I hadn't noticed/noted the 4 album minimum requirement. That knocks out a lot in my lists but it's too late to stop now. Anyhow it means that there's more diversity which must be a good thing.

Horse, do your lists mean that you have listened to every other album that these artists have produced ?

Quote: Oldrocker @ 6th April 2015, 12:40 AM BST

Horse, do your lists mean that you have listened to every other album that these artists have produced ?

I bet he has...especially to all the albums of the La's. ;)

Quote: Oldrocker @ 6th April 2015, 12:40 AM BST

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 6th April 2015, 8:36 AM BST

I bet he has...especially to all the albums of the La's. ;)

Oh yes.

I've listened to ALL the La's albums.

The entire output of Donny Hathaway?

Sorry........can't recall. :D

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd April 2015, 11:58 PM BST

Agree with Kilimanjaro. One of my all time faves.

The Damned's first one is good. So varied considering it was the first Punk album. Anything comes a close second.

I would also add Santana.

Funny, I am currently considering getting Santana's best---mostly for Shes not there----from the punk year of 1977.

I Feel Alright from the Damneds' first album is probably my favourite-ever punk tune, the garden shed production by Nick Lowe really added to the amphetemine thrills of that platter........