You Get What You Ask for Son

After a successful run at festivals this short film that I co-star in is available to watch online.

A television presenter (James Cotter) with recent allegations made against his name gets stuck in lift with a security guard (James Coard) who has just been fired at the office party.

https://vimeo.com/108586359

I liked your acting in this, James. You've improved a lot over the years.

James Coard though... I just don't think he's cut out for it. His voice doesn't quite have the projection or clearness needed for acting.

The concept of the short was quite interesting, but I think there's room to find out a bit more about the characters. Maybe a 10 minute piece would have been better.

Yes indeed Cotter put's in an impressive performance, whilst no-a-coard just mumbles.

Cotter slightly reminisent of a hairy Bob Oskins

Good job young Cotter and Coard. Nicely filmed. I agree with Ben regarding a longer piece.

Quote: sootyj @ 29th March 2015, 2:26 PM BST

Cotter slightly reminisent of a hairy Bob Oskins

Think that's the quote I would have to sell me :)

Glad everyone enjoyed the performance, it was a good script so glad to get the part.

Bob Hoskins was very hairy - is this Cotter a gorilla?

Really well made and performed, even if some of the dialogue was hard to make out (the other fella, in all fariness). Never really had time to get going, though. I agree that it could have been 3 times as long, to wring more from the situation and characters, but I appreciate films don't make (and finance) themselves. :(

I should mention their are outtakes too https://vimeo.com/96399335

Quote: gappy @ 29th March 2015, 9:53 PM BST

Really well made and performed, even if some of the dialogue was hard to make out (the other fella, in all fariness). Never really had time to get going, though. I agree that it could have been 3 times as long, to wring more from the situation and characters, but I appreciate films don't make (and finance) themselves. :(

Agree with the length. Would have been more than happy to do a longer film.

Do they let you into festivals?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 30th March 2015, 8:43 AM BST

Do they let you into festivals?

Not personally no.

Very wise.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 30th March 2015, 12:56 PM BST

Very wise.

Probably for the best.

Not bad. I can see what people mean about the guards' words. He is mumbling a bit, but I think also he may not be mic'd up as well as he could be. Good work tho.

Thanks Ed.