First Sketch

First time I've ever written one of my comedy ideas down and shown others, but please don't lay back on your criticism! Not so much a sketch as a 10-second snippet that could be inserted into a longer film or scene.

[Scene: A man sits in a cafe in South London. A television is showing a news programme. Behind the man is a large window out of which a mostly-quiet road is seen.]

Newsreader: Police have issued an alert regarding a series of assaults that have occurred in South London today. The events are believed to be related as several people have reportedly been blinded in random attacks.

[As the newsreader speaks, a man with no trousers steps into view in the window. He unfurls a set of Venetian blinds then runs across the road, swiping the blinds at an unsuspecting passer-by's back and backside. The passer-by collapses to the ground. The assailant takes a quick glance in either direction, then runs off.]

I think the problem is that it mixes visual and verbal humour to make a slightly tired pun. I'm not sure that the brain can make the connection between the word 'blinding' and the appearance of a venetian blind quickly enough to make the joke worth doing. It could work as a Two Ronnies-esque fake news piece if kept on the verbal level.

It's another version of the blind man joke.

Nun in bath is told the blind man wants to talk to her
she lets him in and he says 'where do you want these blinds.'