Merry Clitoris Happy New Rear Page 2

Being funny isn't a creative motivation Jerf. You are describing the outward manifestation, the symptom if you will, and not the disease.

So homophobic as well as creepily misogynist. Nice.

Quote: Jerf Roberwitz @ 9th January 2015, 11:44 AM GMT

Dear Pugsmith.
Sorry to upset you but I'm a fan of Frankie Boyle, whom you probably know as quite rude.
You seem to prefer the lighter touch, Sarah Millican, perhaps.
Your comments are not strictly 'critique' more of an expression of offence of content.
Have you heard the saying 'Give me the boy till he's seven and I'll give you the man.
When I was a boy, homosexuality was a disgusting criminal offence.
Thankfully, these days it is widely accepted (by me too) as a lifestyle choice.
But I still can't help hoping I die before it becomes compulsory.

No no no. I am not offended by the content. If I chose to be offended by anything, it would be the lack of depth to it. Also, I love Boyle. There is, however, a glaring difference between what you're doing and what he does. His routines are coherent pieces of comedy with social commentary and shock factor woven in, as well as some very funny jokes and audience interaction. You've just got the shock factor with no endgame.
As for homosexuality, I'm going to ignore your use of the phrase, "lifestyle choice."

Lifestyle choice? I thought that was the PC term.
But you are right, not only is it vile, but also unfunny.
Being that English is not my first language, got carried away with the words.
Is it possible to delete?

What is your first language, if you:

a. are being genuine?
b. don't mind me asking?

Do you mind me asking, are you homosexual?

Are you interested?

And Pugsmith is a euphemism?

It's a combination of pugs and The Smiths. So no, it isn't. Anyway if you're genuine and want to write comedy stop messing about, you look like a troll. If you are a troll, get going. Take heed of advice given for your own betterment.

Excuse me? you started the personal questioning.
Strange how you critics have got thin skins.
If you are serious about comedy, post something, which you haven't done yet.
I'm a beginner, show me how it's done. Which is not a proposition. No I'm interested.

I'd stress that sexuality is more personal than native tongue, and appeal to relevance. I asked simply so I could have a look at the comedy of the country your first language belongs to, and see whether it had impacted on your own work. It probably would not have. However my sexuality is irrelevant, as you'd likely find that both heterosexuals and homosexuals would respond the same way to homophobia.

Edit: I've posted multiple things. Why not check out:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/31177/

You might not like it, I also am a beginner. The vast majority on the critique forum probably are.

I'm not a critic, I just had an opinion that I hope you take into account, as I think if you tried harder, you would get better. I believe the same for myself.

moderator Lee
This thread is going off line. May I request it be deleted please.

Quote: Jerf Roberwitz @ 10th January 2015, 9:03 AM GMT

May I request I be deleted please.

You won't be missed.

Let's just move on from this. People are free to post what they like in Critique (except spammer, they're of the devil). Equally, people are free to get their goat up within reason and have a debate / declare it shit about what's been written.

Jerf, did you once post a sitcom about an old peoples home?