Bill Wyman

78 :O (!!) today and lives in my neck of the woods at Gedding Hall.

http://gedding.onesuffolk.net/information/gedding-hall/

Happy Birthday Mr Wyman. :)

You do like to repeat yourself Hercules don't you!

Quote: Chappers @ 24th October 2014, 7:06 PM BST

You do like to repeat yourself Hercules don't you!

I'm not alone! So why are you picking on me? :(

Not being a member of the clique, I have to cover all bases - one was about the man and where he lives, the other about his music in a music thread.

You can bet your life that if I post in one thread, a member of the clique will post the same thing in another, and then mine will get moved. :(

And we've had this discussion before.............. >_<

After a certain age, even without booze, perhaps safest to start everything in Jeffrey Bernard/ Frank Norman mode: 'Did I ever tell you...?'

Was it Barry Cryer who called this 'the anecdotage'? Can't remember that, or indeed anything else.

Quote: Marissa @ 24th October 2014, 10:58 PM BST

After a certain age, even without booze, perhaps safest to start everything in Jeffrey Bernard/ Frank Norman mode: 'Did I ever tell you...?'

Was it Barry Cryer who called this 'the anecdotage'? Can't remember that, or indeed anything else.

:D

He was my favourite Stone, an essential part of their moody 60s look, their image being as important as their music. But when Jones died and Wood joined they lost that cool moody image and became a totally different band, which didn't suit BW and still doesn't suit CW.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 25th October 2014, 11:44 AM BST

He was my favourite Stone, an essential part of their moody 60s look, their image being as important as their music. But when Jones died and Wood joined they lost that cool moody image and became a totally different band, which didn't suit BW and still doesn't suit CW.

Interesting, but don't entirely agree, and ironically I always thought that Jones looked out of place in the band - he always seemed to be on the edge of the stage and looking slightly embarrassed at being associated with these "rebels", like they were beneath him.

Didn't he at one time get his nose put out of joint when Mick somehow became the frontman in many ways, when Jones thought it was his band?

It was his band for the first 2 or 3 years. He formed them and provided the practice rooms etc. and they were billed many times as Brian Jones' Rolling Stones. Which Jagger famously didn't like.

Ahh......... :) that explains a lot - friction between the two?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th October 2014, 7:42 PM BST

And we've had this discussion before.............. >_<

:)