Kristina Keepfitchick (youtube comedy series)

Youtube, episode 1: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvnj8QH-PiQ Twitter: @Thekeepfitchick
Facebook: kristina keepfitchick

Kristina is just your average chick (erm, yeh right) who wants to loose a few pounds (cough, few hundred)...follow her really inspiring keep fit tips (health n safety look out!) and incredible keep fit journey (yeah 'incredible' is the right word!) on her weekly YouTube uploads (if u dare!) KEEP-FIT-CHIC COMING SOON (if her mum manages to press record!)

Short film currently in pre-production!

Follow on twitter and/or like on facebook for updates on the upcoming short film!!

I'm only saying this as you mention you're still in pre production on a short film.

I thought the actress in this was fantastic but I can't get into the character or understand her delusions so it sort of leaves me unsatisfied.

Thinking about it after I finished watching, I wondered what if she was once really naturally skinny and toned. A bitchy beauty pageant winner, who signs a huge deal to do her own fitness video. But because of her addiction to reality TV she misunderstands the concept and puts on loads of weight thinking she has to loose it for the show. The producers are horrified but continue under contract.

If she's a haughty, vain, IT girl, surrounded by trophies of her former status it sort of frees up the audience's conscience to laugh at her misconceptions about loosing weight.

The Mum could be convinced she's shooting the behind the scenes DVD extras to give her an inflated sense of purpose, while allowing the same production style and content shown in the YouTube videos.

First of all, it's nice to see a girl (or a couple of girls) doing comedy on here, because it's usually almost exclusively male. Secondly, I agree with the previous comment about it being well-acted. Thirdly, fair play to you for squeezing yourself into that leotard and those hooped tights and spludging yourself out on the sofa to make yourself look as porky as you possibly can. However, the material is stretched a bit thin. The basic ineptitude gag needs more developing - the zooming in and out and fiddling around with the video camera get very dreary after a while, with nothing much else happening.

Having said this, I had a look at a couple of the later videos - the SlimFast diet, the Buddhist one and the Booze Diet one - and they really are quite good. I like them better when actual things happen in them, like Kristina getting sick and taking herself to the hospital in the SlimFast episode. But you've definitely got something worth developing here. The relationship between Kristina and her mum is good - a kind of dumb-and-dumber thing, where the Mum unquestioningly accepts the daughter as a higher authority, and the daughter blames everything that goes wrong on her mum, but at the same time keeps revealing herself to be completely self-deluded and full of misconceptions.