Sherlock Holmes Parody

From my sketch comedy channel -Rubber Chicken Films-

Sherlock Holmes Parody https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s78NsMFI2S0

Enjoy and thanks!

I watched this with great interest. Sherlock Holmes parodies have been done lots of times before, of course, and to be honest this isn't the best I've ever seen. Some of the gags are a bit lame, and some of them could have been a lot funnier if they'd been delivered at higher pace. The old wise woman section, for example - looking up the meaning of the amulet in a book is much too slow - if she'd just looked at the amulet and been horrified as soon as she'd clapped eyes on it, then told them who it belonged to, it would have been much more effective. That said, this has got some really good things going for it. The opening titles with still images combined with moving pipe-smoke etc. work very well; the music is generally really good; the central song-section and chase-sequence (a la Scooby Doo or, even more so, a la Monkees) was corny but fine, mainly by virtue of the fact that the song was good, and I very much liked some of the stuff towards the end, with the cheap rubber bat, the completely unconvincing effects to do with Watson being dragged through the air by this bat, Dracula turning to dust because of the sunrise, Holmes giving up on his violin and playing the ukelele instead... Generally the stronger material was towards the end.

Hit and miss, in other words, but definitely worth watching.

Thanks for your feedback, including the constructive criticism. Glad you (mostly) enjoyed it :)