Live! Girls! Present Dogtown Page 2

Jees man - calm down. What's it to you?

Jees man - calm down. What's it to you?

Stayed up past my normal bedtime to watch it on the Big Screen last night. Even better than on the internet.
Turkey? Nope didn't see any. Saw a few Dogs though!
(Sorry Naff pun but had to be done!Still I thought it was the "Dogs B*****cks")

As for the people @ the BBC. A bit early to make that sort of judgement after the first episode also I don't think Jon Plowman would commission a Turkey.

Yes No - I'll take your bet!

This is a forum - A place where opinions can be stated and contested. I'm joining in, that's all. I didn't resort to name calling, although I did make an insinuation about your hormonal state.
If my condemnation of this show seems rather vociferous, it's because I hated it. I thought the people in it were useless and the writing was inept. I care about television. It matters. This show offends me to the core. Still, I'm not cry about it.

Jon Plowman has commissioned more turkeys than Bernard Matthews. Bet accepted.

Just noticed Episode Two is up on the net now.

Off to watch it

I'm with YesNo on this one. I didn't laugh once. It wasn't funny and clever, just flat and uninspired. I knew it would be bad when one of the first shots was of a kid cycling through dog shit - that was the level of humour on display here.

BTW, is it too much to ask that people exchange ideas and views in an intelligent manner on this forum, rather than calling people 'thick idiots' just because they don't like the same thing as you? I've seen this happen a few times on here. V. depressing. It feels like you've wandered in to a geek boy/girl convention where anyone with a different opinion to you is obviously in the employment of the Man.

Episode Two - Still Loving it. Still making me laugh.

Carol & Denise doing Kelly Holmes Brilliant!

I admit it's not "A Laugh a minute" type comedy but then it isn't a sketch show so it wouldn't be.

Enjoying the development of the various Characters & storylines especialy Library scenes.
It great that there is no canned laughter to tell me where to laugh, I probably laughed in different places to everone else.

Looking forward to episode three.

Oops - sorry for my thick idiot comment YesNo. Was meant in a light-hearted way - sorry it upset you. Am just an ordinary punter who liked Dogtown so much I looked through what I could find on the web. Just thought you seemed so involved - going on about awards and commissioning - you work in telly. I was just a viewer thinking it was great. I really do. Some people like stuff others don't. Eg I loathe Nathan Barley and Little Britain, and love The Thick of It. And Dogtown, which isn't a sketch show - I think that's the key. Sorry again for upsetting you.

"It's not "A Laugh a minute" type comedy."

It certainly isn't. More like a laugh a series, if you're lucky.

I laughed every 1-2 minutes. I keep detailed notes!!

You think I jest??!!

It's piss funny and absurd.

I've no idea if you jest. But if you laughed every two-three minutes at this pile of crap, you need...I'm not sure what you need. Will get back to you on that.

Put that on the poster: Dogtown...it's piss funny.

I did a search & apparently Sir Paul McCartney wrote on one of their posters.

"Go and see these girls .. they're dead funny"

Can someone else join in here? I watched it because Time Out and Sunday Times made it Pick of the Week. I thought it was rather fine. Funny, clever, unusual. Was surprised it was on 3. Seems like a Beeb 2 or 4 show. Bit too good to keep company with some things on 3.

Ok everyone, time to calm down. It's great to have debate, but people are getting personal and immature here - and that's just not cricket.

Ooor, you've been told off!

I didn't grass!!! Honest!!!

Whistling nnocently