The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 591

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 10th July 2014, 12:15 AM BST

It's a Krul summer now you're gone...or something. Just as West Ham won the World Cup for England in 1966 - Mertesacker, Ozil and Podolski will win it for Arsenal.

Come on you Kraut Gunners!

Rolling eyes Ozil is the only one who'll play and he won't be allowed to shoot this time.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 12th July 2014, 9:21 AM BST

Rolling eyes Ozil is the only one who'll play and he won't be allowed to shoot this time.

Probably, but both Podoski and Mertesacker did play in World Cup games and if rumours are to be believed, Khedira is coming to The Emirates.

So come on you Kraut Gunners!

Wenger just needs to play Podolski, he's way better than Giroud but hardly played last season. He's bought well in Sanchez, but at 35m it doesn't leave much in the kitty for a Khadiera or Kroos.

He's done much better out of WC than Mourhino who's been very low key lately. His Brazilian midfield trio must've halved in value and then he has the problem of David Luiz. Best offer for him has come from Billy Smarts circus who want to replace Coco.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 12th July 2014, 3:43 PM BST

He's bought well in Sanchez, but at 35m it doesn't leave much in the kitty for a Khadiera or Kroos.

He's done much better out of WC than Mourhino who's been very low key lately.

That might be down the FIFA 'fair play' regulations concerning big money transfers. Teams like Chelski and Man City have spunked huge amounts of cash in the last few years in an attempt to buy the Premier League.

But because Wenger has been tighter then a gnat's chuff, he has carte blanche to spend gazillions on new players and won't get any heat from FIFA.

I wonder what Liverpool are going to do with their Suarez millions? Buy more players or invest the money back into the club. Don't they want a new stadium or summit?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 12th July 2014, 3:43 PM BST

Wenger just needs to play Podolski, he's way better than Giroud but hardly played last season. He's bought well in Sanchez, but at 35m it doesn't leave much in the kitty for a Khadiera or Kroos.

He's done much better out of WC than Mourhino who's been very low key lately. His Brazilian midfield trio must've halved in value and then he has the problem of David Luiz. Best offer for him has come from Billy Smarts circus who want to replace Coco.

You do know Chelsea sold David Luiz before the World Cup?

Just realised that we're going to have to up our axioms. In ye olden days - say 3 years ago - the joke was: 'Our star player is worth more then your entire squad'. Now after the sales of Bale and Suarez: 'Our star player is worth more then your stadium'.

Go Oranje!

Brazil is getting slaughtered.

Quote: Badge @ 12th July 2014, 4:34 PM BST

You do know Chelsea sold David Luiz before the World Cup?

Nope. I bet Barcelona I presume it was who bought him are now calling him a holding midfielder. He's at it again look. Laughing out loud

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 12th July 2014, 9:26 PM BST

I bet Barcelona I presume it was who bought him

PSG!

Not long now to the crying children ! . .

No but fair doos to them the Brazilian crumpet in the crowd has been top notch. To me they are winners just for this. Very high standard.

1-10 goals in two Games!

Quote: Ben @ 6th July 2014, 10:55 AM BST

Big gamble by Van Gaal putting Krul on for the penalties, but it paid off and gets marked down as a tactical stroke of genius.

I thought Sneijder was fantastic last night. It's a real shame he didn't come to Man Utd in the past. Even though he's 30 now, I think he could still contribute something to the midfield if Van Gaal can persuade him to come.

Right - catching up as I've been away.

Yes - Snidey would suit you well - cheating bastard. Thank goodness the Argies saw them off.

Am I the only Brit to congratulate them?

Quote: shaggy292 @ 8th July 2014, 11:13 PM BST

David Luiz was rubbish.

I haven't seen a Brazilian that shaky since Michael J. Fox tried his hand in the waxing salon business.

;)

Quote: shaggy292 @ 11th July 2014, 2:03 PM BST

Suarez is almost unplayable and a joy to watch.

What exactly grammatically does that mean? It's a new piece of football jargon that either makes no sense or is the opposite to what it means.

Seems like we're watching the wrong match tonight.

Apparently North Korea are playing Portugal in the World Cup final tonight.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/football-fans-north-korea-told-3849292

Sorry Sooty. Didn't see your link but I guess it was about this.

What do you think % wise will be the audiences tonight?

BBC / ITV