writeone1 Page 2

Quote: David Chapman @ February 23, 2008, 7:04 PM

I did change it once but Chairman Aaron got angry.

*shakes fist*

i don't get it? i'm not sure what i should be critiquing here? or is this more of a discussion? perhaps it should be moved.

It's a "who's who" Wayne.

Right, let me get this straight.

You think that...

FoxyBox = chimes of freedom = Roodeye

And that Roodeye is a very clever, knowledgable writer, but doesn't like to be challenged, and becomes rather reactionary when he is?

And so Bushbaby is trying to establish that it was NOT her who, via another site, PM'd writeone1 with something which Roodeye could interpret as being challenging towards him?

gathered that. just think it's in the wrong "forum".

Oh, and Steve is writeone1's real name? Am I correct?

Yes

Who's getting married?

And Steve is trying to expose a forum arsehole who is very disruptive.

Ok. Well here's my view of the situation.

I will not have the BSG become a spill-over of disagreements and misunderstandings from other sites. It strikes me as a little weird that you're all bending over backwards to avoid offending this Roodeye fellow, particularly as he (or she) seems to be so reactionary that anything could be taken in offence (particularly Bushbaby who felt the need to make a whole new thread!), but hey, whatever.

If you're trying to 'expose' someone, then get in touch with me, don't start throwing around these accusations in public. We've already had a member leave after ONE post after being accused of being someone else. If one of you wishes to calmly PM me and explain the back story and everything of this whole sorry mess, then that would be appreciated.

Not impressed guys. Sort it elsewhere. Bringing your dirty washing to the BSG is not welcomed. Angry

And Roodeye or whoever you are, please do get in touch. If you are a member, PM me. If not, e-mail aaron at this domain. Thanks.

I think that following Chimes first post there was something familiar about his style - I even asked if I knew him as he would recognise my ID from the Last Laugh competition and his Comedy Central form.

He's a funny (sharp) and knowledgeable guy who is his own worse enemy.

Hey guys I thought this was a sketch/comedy forum! I wouldn't have joined if I had thought otherwise.
Good for you Aaron! Delete the whole bloody argument. Nobody wants to know.

A quick look at the 'Song for Madeleine' thread will show that I defended myself and my work until things turned personal and nasty, at which point I left the thread to those who enjoy that sort of thing.

In any civilised forum argument or battle of wits, you'll usually find me where the enemy dead are piled highest but when things become personal or nasty, I leave the field and watch from the sidelines.

If a rational and reasonably civilised person wishes to discuss any aspect of comedy writing with me, I'm usually delighted to have a chat. I am, however, less delighted to be drawn into discussions about my real-life identity or who I might or might not be in cyberland.

My experience on Internet forums - financial, sporting, writing - has taught me not to pour petrol on flames.

Believe me, I've seen the damage it can cause.

We don't want to know.

Well said Aaron - now can you put a lock on it?

Yes, for the time being, this thread is being locked. Anyone with anything to say, concerns, etc etc, please PM me. :)