See the Child Change the System

Vulnerable children desperately need our help. Too many children across the country are suffering squalor, abuse and neglect. Most can't get any help because the system isn't coping. Children can't vote and they can't make a fuss so we need to be their voice and use our power to create change.

Please help by signing the petition to show you care. This will help support an independent task force to redesign children's services so that every child who needs help can get it.

Together, we have to show the politicians that we're not going to stand for this anymore. Children and those who work with them are being failed by a system in crisis, we need to have the courage to act now.

Click hereto sign the petition.

No thanks. I come on here for the comedy, not politics.

Quote: Will Cam @ 26th June 2014, 10:05 PM BST

No thanks. I come on here for the comedy, not politics.

And I brae my kids.

Unless I'm 'ungry in which case I braise the little sods.

Eee you're a right monster that you are our Will Cam.

Interesting campaign, I'm not sure political rights isn't a tad fanciful and missing the point.

Although Kids Company usually know what they're talking about.

What annoys me about charities is once you donate - they don't leave you alone

In the past I've sent cheques to the RSPCA and Save the Children as they are worthwhile causes

What follows is an endless stream of letters through the post and phone calls to your house

That's just wrong

Ill donate when I'm good and ready - quit begging

I signed up with Anthony Nolan as a potential doner. I didn't sign up for some phone chugger to call me in the evening asking if I could donate £15 a month. When I said no thanks he asked for £10 , then £5, then £2 like some kind of reverse scamy ebay.

In the end I had to be rude to get rid of him.

Can you lend me a fiver?

No but you can have some bone marrow!

Are you giving away my chappie again our will cam?

:D get in your basket you naughty scamp.

The Original News Article

I read the article and your thoughtful post. But it's puzzling what are they going to do with that 1.5 million.

Most people in social service know the issues, there's a crush between service reduction, press pressure, difficulty recruiting staff, firing bad ones, replacing them and that's before you get into the difficulties of human rights and providing choice to vulnerable young people and their families all of whom are considered clients or rather customers.

I can't help but think this comission is going to provide a lot of anwers that are already know, to questions that have already been asked.
Kids Company have done an amazing job reaching out to kids who've been impossible to engage with. I do hope they're not going to be another social business collecting government payments for direct services and raising funds for busy work campaigning.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ 27th June 2014, 2:32 PM BST

I'm sorry to have to burst your bubble about this charity. Check their last set of published accounts. You won't like it at all.

Three questions to ask charity workers:

1) How much does the boss of your charity take in salary and expenses?

2) What percentage of the money that you collect, reaches those needy for whom you are collecting?

3) How much do you get paid to go out fundraising?

Charities are none tax paying businesses. If you're a business with thousands of employees and a turnover in the millions with serious responsibilities then you need proper leadership and that's expensive. Most chief execs I've known took a 50% pay cut to work for a 100k

The thing is sooty most people resent the fact that someone earns around £100,000 when we are donating to people/animals in need.

My problem with all these big charities is that their efforts always seem to be less than useless. Never any success stories, just utter failure year after year.

e.g. 'We estimate there are 10,000 people in Britain with Speng Finger Syndrome. Give us £3 million and we'll put an end to this misery'

And then a year later -

'We now estimate there are 12,000 people in Britain with Speng Finger Syndrome, we need £5 million to put an end to this misery'.

'What about the £3 million you got last year?'

'Oh, that had to go into a special trust to ensure that we didn't have a financial shortfall for this year and after paying off the chief executive and the board and buying advertising for this year's Speng Finger campaign, we were able to give all 10,000 sufferers £1 each.'

It's all a bloody con.

I remember reading some years ago that Leukaemia Research Fund spent very little on admin. Don't know if this is still the case. Maybe somebody can check? If so, that's where to put your donations.