Adult baby mockumentary

Hey guys, this is our new one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEjd9NYexnw&list=UUQa2rEDYmEClURtKSh1Sjqw

Took quite a bit of scripting and planning, it was the first one we have storyboarded to date. The female lead and the therapist are both professional actors so hopefully that's injected a bit of professionalism into our shambolic style. Any feed back is greatly appreciated. Peace :D

She's. A fit bird in it innit. But not sure what the target is?

Waaaaait, so he's putting the whole thing on (5.12)? That's a nice touch, but I skipped most of the video to get to it, it's quite long and my attention span can't cope with what feels like a 10-minute sketch.

I am not competent to be a technical critic, but as a viewer there was far to much camera time in between the dialogue. If you edited the filming quite severely you could have quite an interesting little piece with the opportunity to enlarge on.

Cheers guys, I appreciate it :)

I liked the both characters and watched it all the way through because I was interested in them both enough to want to know how it went and how they reacted and it was good, I enjoyed it.

Thanks Carlos, glad u liked it :D

I liked that. Good character acting. Nice premise. Guess the only thing I would add is a few more baby themed jokes, like a cut away to him having a tantrum in a toy shop or a shot of those colourful toy keys in his gucci manbag. SMA and baby bottles alongside the Chivas Regal in the drinks cabinet, that kind of thing. Just me personally and might be a step to far, but would have loved when he reminds her that he's paying the bills. The next shot is him and her sitting on the living room floor in babygrows, shouting at each other and throwing food around while the bemused dinner guests look on in horror and confusion.
Nice work. Well produced.

Thanks Lucy, I would've liked to get more shots of infant paraphernalia in there but we had to cut quite a bit out to get it down to 6 minutes. I like the idea of her feeling obligated to join in too.
Thanks for the feedback, it helps to get another set of eyes in the mix. Hopefully I won't have to wear a nappy in our next one.

Your 999 sketch is great.. nicely done. btw I'm the bloke who asked if we could work together on twitter.

Cheers mate, we're tryin to develop a couple of regular blogs to tide us over between films so Carlos might be one of them.

Have you got any contacts in the comedy circuit that you could link me up with?

Quote: ArtHouseYobs @ 6th June 2014, 2:34 AM BST

Thanks Lucy, I would've liked to get more shots of infant paraphernalia in there but we had to cut quite a bit out to get it down to 6 minutes. I like the idea of her feeling obligated to join in too.
Thanks for the feedback, it helps to get another set of eyes in the mix. Hopefully I won't have to wear a nappy in our next one.

What is your target in this piece. Who or What are we supposed to be laughing at. Do you have in mind placing something like this somewhere or is it just for a bit of homemade fun?

This is great fun, very nicely done great performances, strong characters a funny idea.

I'd only say are you sure you want to use your obvious talents on a mock doc?

That and there seems to be a joke not quite coming out, that this guy is pretending he has a medical condition when it's clearly a fetish.

Well Marc, We just go for topics that interest us so I guess the target in all of our vids is just real life eccentricity. Most of my comic inspirations nowadays come from docs and reality TV. For now our plan is just to develop the YouTube channel and gain subscribers.
I agree with you Sootyj about that joke not being clear enough, We've only been making vids seriously for about 3 months so it's been a bit of a baptism by fire. Hopefully in 6 months time We'll have sharpened our production values and acting skills and I'll have learned another accent so all my characters don't have to be cockney. Check out our YouTube channel for new videos every thursday -

https://www.youtube.com/arthouseyobs

Cheers guys! Ross :)