Looking for writers for non-comedy work

Hi,

I'm looking for a couple of writers who may be interested in earning a little money alongside their normal writing/work.

I write content for various websites and am looking for a couple of writers who could work alongside me on an ad-hoc freelance basis writing short articles and blog posts.

It would be to start in a month or two and I can't guarantee you a set amount of work, but rates of pay would be around £7-£9 per 500 words. The articles aren't difficult to write, and could cover any topic. For example:

How to buy the right anniversary present.
10 ways to be more productive at work.
The sights you must see when visiting Prague.

The articles simply have to be original, informative and engaging. And grammatically correct, that's very important!

If this of interest, send an email to me at sjbrerton /at/ gmail dot com with a CV and/or more details about yourself and your writing.

Thanks
Scott

Who spotted the grammatical error. :)

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 2nd May 2014, 9:18 AM BST

:)

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 2nd May 2014, 9:18 AM BST

Not me. What is it?

The "Ands" have it.

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd May 2014, 10:14 PM BST

The "Ands" have it.

Don't follow old bean?

You don't need a comma before "and" and you shouldn't start a sentence with "And".

Not grammatically incorrect nowadays, and not in this context.

Why not nowadays?

So what does Stephen have to say?

Well language and grammar evolves. Common usage is a factor, you could use a semi-colon rather than a comma to indicate a separation but still a connection of thought, but you don't really have to. Like I just did there. And there again by starting a sentence with a preposition or conjunction.

Thanks to everyone who got in contact, I've replied to all the emails. If anyone else is interested, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Many thanks
Scott

Well I really do think we need this gramma situation sorted out first! :)

I think you might be right!

This is a depressing thread, is picking on someone's use of grammar such a valid use of your time?

Don't knock my gramma sootyj she was a lovely woman.