Danny Lyer episode 9 - Holiday

Danny is off on his holidays to Ibiza to meet the lads, but things don't go to plan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwj3-ojNws4

I enjoyed that. You're clearly well into the part and I find myself ready to laugh before you've even said anything. It was much tighter than the earlier stuff, and all the better for it.

But I found the sequencing of the opening scenes confusing. It went from real time to flashback to flash forward and back to real time (or something like that).

But overall, a good laugh.

Must admit I've not seen your other videos but I will at some point. Did catch myself smirking a few times at this and as Stonked says you seem really into the part.

Your improvisation is good and I can see that this isn't scripted, however I think to advance this character you should perhaps look at working with a couple of other actors/improvisers who could get involved and add a bit more depth to an episode.

From a technical point of view a few of the cuts were a little bit rough, but editing can be a tedious ordeal and to the casual observer I don't think this would present too many problems.

Those are just some thoughts from watching this one episode, I will have a look at the others when I get a chance.

Thanks for your feedback guys, the editing is a little messy (as I do it) but I kind of like that, and the sequencing may be confusing to someone who's experienced and is looking closely but in general I don't worry about it too much as its not something my audience for this particular character look at.

I am aware I need to introduce a new character, that definitely needs to happen, and it will, they just have to be as good as me.

Thank you so much for watching and as always your feedback is appreciated.