Anyone write material for stand-ups?

Hi there,

I'm going to be doing my first stand-up show in a few weeks and I've got a reasonable amount of material written, however I'd like to add to it and so I was wondering whether anyone here writes material for stand-ups?

If you'd like to help me out please drop me a message or reply here and we can discuss.

Thanks!

Yes

But you always get the best results putting bits in critique some quite well known comics have taken an interest

yeah when I'm a bit more final with my material I will!

Did you mean that yes you're willing to help?

thanks!

I think it would help people if they knew what your persona was for instance a joke about having sex would be useless if your on stage persona was a perpetual virgin. Maybe if you stick a bit of your material on crtique people will other suggestions to improve it- if it needs improving of course!

Yes. Give us an idea of your style and political bent.It would help.

I do have a non-political thing if you want it though.

If you want too PM me a page or so of stuff I'll have a look.

Beyond that it's critique or bust.

For someone who was initially a trained journalist I'm not very political at all. Very much into observational humour and challenging social norms.

I'm open to trying out different styles and looking into incorporating different things into my personas so I'd be happy to look at any material offered and let you know my thoughts.

Have a scan of my Twitter and there are some one-liners on my blog (mostly news/events related).

See anything you fancy, let me know.

Quote: ashleybrownmedia @ 1st December 2013, 8:15 PM GMT

challenging social norms.

You pick on the fat, loveable drunk from Cheers?

Why?

because he can't even enter a bar without being awkward.

In other news, was it you who was saying you were dyspraxic? I'm highly dyspraxic too, nice to know I'm not alone (unless you were joking).

And thanks, Andy, I'll take a look.

No I'm dyspraxic, it's the condition that dare not spell it's own name

and like I say feel free to send me a page or so

Dyslexia's ugly brother, hidden in the basement since the dawn of time. I would almost use my dyspraxia in material but I'm not convinced it would be popular enough to work...even autocorrect is having a red-lined go at me..

I'll send you something later.

Sadly whenever I try and discussing dyspraxia, I end up fumbling it.

I looked up dyspraxia after Sooty mentioned it because I always thought it was solely to do with a lack of body coordination and didn't realise it also affected word sequencing - so well done to both of you for overcoming that to become writers!

Well I mostly work for people who have English as a 3rd language.