What are you watching on TV? Page 1,880

Another bloody Masterchef recording..!!! I mean who's got time to char-grill an aubergine..?

Imagine- documentary about outsider artists. Fascinating that so many of the psychiatric patients see their work as being, in their words, " beautiful", while I think few of us would see it the same way; fascinating and marvelous perhaps, but not really beautiful.

Graham Norton...two Doctors!!

Last weekend I decided to give 'Community' a second chance after being underwhelmed by the pilot when it first started. I'm currently 34 episodes in.

Some Cuban missile crisis gubbins

I didn't know the yanks already had nukes in Turkey virtually on the Soviet border

No bloody wonder the Russians bunged a few in Cuba then is it!

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 22nd November 2013, 10:35 PM GMT

Graham Norton...two Doctors!!

Graham just called David's hair "stupid". I imagine zooo will be outside his house in the morning.

His hair is bloody stupid!
Well it's not technically his hair.
Can't wait till he gets rid of those extensions.

Fab show, that Matt Smith lookalike was just weird!

I think he's the one that gets loads of work as his lookalike.

Watching Live at the Apollo on iPlayer. What the f**k has happened to Eddie Izzard's face?!

What the f**k happened to Eddie Izzard as a comedian stopped being funny after 1998 but I can't work out why.

I think it's mostly because he's been doing the same kind of thing for a long time and it's not so unusual or interesting these days because his surrealism is comparatively not very surreal and his observational stuff is comparatively not very insightful.

Quote: Harridan @ 23rd November 2013, 3:04 PM GMT

I think it's mostly because he's been doing the same kind of thing for a long time and it's not so unusual or interesting these days because his surrealism is comparatively not very surreal and his observational stuff is comparatively not very insightful.

Bang on!

I watched his stand up shows after Glorious (which is one of the all time great shows IMO) and they just seemed like someone trying to remember what he used to do that was funny. The humour is far too forced now.

BTW in regards to his face, he looks like an aging woman who had a bad face lift (again IMO).

He was incredible back in the 90s, but comedy moves on and he's stagnated while he's been trying to be a movie star. Such a shame, but as you say, it does feel really forced and like he's trying to recapture the same vibe he had back then. It would be better if he started from scratch and found a comic voice that reflect who he is now.

He does look like he's had some dodgy plastic surgery, but I think it's just the make up giving that impression. I'm sure he didn't look anything like that a year ago. It's very odd.

I haven't seen him but it might have something to do with that fact that he is Mr marathon man now with legs that can crack nuts... Couldn't think of a better phrase...