NJ: TV Detector Vans

JUSTIN:
TV detector vans are like daleks; in that they're intimidating, mobile and yet ultimately fictitious.

Or at least that was the impression conveyed by a recently leaked BBC memo.

So, does this mean we can all relax and 'forget' to pay up? Or are we witnessing a rather sinister mind game?

GRAMS: MENACING ADVERT MUSIC

GREG:
Hi, I'm Greg and I'm not an actor. Now, in the old days, I used to assume that TV detector vans were a myth... much like AIDS or Bigfoot.

But then one day I changed my tune. Why? Because I was run over and left for dead... by a TV detector van!

Boy; did I have egg on my face!

SUE:
Hi, I'm Sue and that's not a pseudonym. I used to think that TV detector vans were a work of fiction... mainly on the grounds of common sense.

But that was before I began being stalked... by a TV detector van!

It sat outside my home for over two years, and only left once I threw my telly out of a first floor window!

DAN:
Hi, I'm Dan and I drive a TV detector van.

My hobbies include eye gouging and disembowelling, and I'm quite prepared to practice them on you.

But what if you're a spoilsport; and you wanna deprive me of such blissful pleasures?

Well then, all you have to do is pick up the phone and stop being a scrounging little bastard.

Oh, and don't forget... you can now pay by direct debit!

END

The topic is there and it does raise an occasional smile but it needs to be more punchy.
I like the idea of the people recounting tales about the vans but what they say just isnt laugh out loud funny.

Sorrythat's not really constructive.

The opening line is very good indeed. Not 100% certain about the rest of the sketch, I have to be honest.

I like the idea behind this and the opening is great but not too sure on the rest.

Terrible. Sorry.