Comedy Writing Partner sought - Manchester

Hello,

As the title suggests, I am looking for a comedy writing partner who is preferably based in Manchester. I really want to take comedy writing seriously, and I would love someone who is similar minded to bounce ideas off and work together on potential projects.

Thanks!
James

Hi James,

Would you be able to provide some additional information on this? Have you got much writing experience/ what are your influences/ what are your goals?

What type of comedy do you write?
I have been wondering about working with someone else,as I've worked alone for years. I've been writing a black comedy screenplay and has sometimes drove me to the edge of insanity working alone with no feedback. My writer friend that I occasionally bounce ideas around with and improv, is a raging alcoholic. I'm just outside Manchester, in Cheshire.

I'm a writer in Manchester and wouldn't mind writing with others as I like bouncing ideas off other writers and coming up with something together. I'd need to see your writing first, though to see if it's the same kind of stuff I do.

Is it time for an informal meetup at a Manchester drinking house?

I'm up for it.

I can write, I can drink. Am I in?

Quote: Pedro Labeef @ October 2 2013, 11:31 PM BST

I can write, I can drink. Am I in?

Welcome to the forums.

Are you in Manchester? Near Manchester?

Errr Manchester in the UK, not in New Hampshire, USA, unless you really don't mind travelling.

Thanks and yeah Manchester UK based.

Sounds like a writers' collective is building. Why don't you select a random day and a random pub and see how many people are interested?

Did none of you see Utopia!!

Quote: playfull @ October 4 2013, 4:41 PM BST

Did none of you see Utopia!!

That sort of thing doesn't happened oop North.

This sounds awesome! I'm really encouraged by the feedback and am definitely up for some kind of meet up in Manchester.

Just to give others a heads-up, I'm definitely attracted to the sitcom market; whether it be a BBC1, BBC3 or E4 'type of show' I don't really mind - I'm flexible at the moment. The things I love most about sitcom are the distinctive, memorable characters who are part of a dysfunctional family; audiences tune in because they want to see what's going in their lives and see how they react to situations. I have an idea for a premise and characters that I'd love feedback on, essentially, and ideally one or two people to write with. My current favourite sitcom is Modern Family.

This is my most recent project - admittedly it's a mockumentary but nonetheless I hope it's helpful: http://vimeo.com/70271700

I'm also a Manchester-based aspiring comedy writer and would also be up for some sort of meet up, open to all sorts of ideas and would love to meet like-minded people to bounce ideas off.

Cheers,

Andy

Quote: James Watts @ October 8 2013, 2:51 PM BST

This is my most recent project - admittedly it's a mockumentary but nonetheless I hope it's helpful: http://vimeo.com/70271700

I don't live up North, and I'm not looking for a writing partner, but just wanted to say I enjoyed this. Nice performances, and showed lots of potential.