Weirdest Dreams Page 37

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ September 4 2013, 6:33 PM BST

Is the rabbit naked?

No but I am.

Before listening to some celtic music this morning, I dreamt I was in student digs. The rooms were very small but each had an oven. None of them had doors. It was late at night and I was in bed, not many days after my arrival at the college. There was a slight feeling of disorientation but mainly it was just normal tiredness.

Then, just as sleep began, there was an awful lot of noise. People were shouting. The room was flooded with light. What the hell was happening? I could "see" a man in glasses and two women getting ready for a party in the well-lit room immediately opposite mine. One or two other people were running madly along the corridor. A girl in the room next to me bellowed at them: "Shut up, I've an important exam to do tomorrow".

Now partially awake, I decided to switch on the radio. A woman was introducing a folk song she was about to sing. It was called something oblique like "Turners". It wasn't "Turners" but I forget now what she called it and that annoys me. Because her voice was the best voice of that kind I have ever heard and her guitar accompaniment was excellent. It was the song, though, that was especially memorable. One that was entirely new to me but with a line that seemed familiar although it wasn't: "And I'll never see Jimmy again".

I've never known a Jimmy but she sang that song as if she had and it was heartfelt. That was quite a feat. The song was being composed in my head as I was listening to it. It was crystal clear and the arrangement was precise and intricate. I have been here before. Many times. I always dream in sound and never have any pictures. On several occasions, I've dreamt symphonies. Incredibly detailed, sophisticated masterpieces to which I have awoken full of anticipation and excitement. Then there is that sudden dawning that I cannot write a note of music. If only I had access to a cassette recorder placed inside my meagre brain.

This isn't imagination exactly. I know the music of my dreams is as rich and completed as any I have heard. In an hour or two, it disappears, simply leaving me to wonder. The man and the two women, whoever they are, are very welcome to their party. They woke me up which meant that I could hear the greatest live performance in broadcasting. You should have been there but you probably have doors and your own oven.

My dreams are fairly realistic. The most recent one I remember had a music theme in that it featured Paul Weller, and me asking him to play "That's Entertainment" as part of a solo acoustic set he was playing to a small audience in a room.

I also got into a car with him.

Quote: George Kaplan @ September 18 2013, 11:40 AM BST

My dreams are fairly realistic. The most recent one I remember had a music theme in that it featured Paul Weller, and me asking him to play "That's Entertainment" as part of a solo acoustic set he was playing to a small audience in a room.

I also got into a car with him.

You picked the best version of his best song. Symbolically, the vehicle is "The Jam Generation". The dream shows you have a trusting nature. I'd have made sure first there were no free riding politicians in there or any other strange untrustworthy weirdos - although obviously the Modfather would be sound at the wheel.

Quote: Horseradish @ September 18 2013, 6:52 PM BST

You picked the best version of his best song. Symbolically, the vehicle is "The Jam Generation". The dream shows you have a trusting nature. I'd have made sure first there were no free riding politicians in there or any other strange untrustworthy weirdos - although obviously the Modfather would be sound at the wheel.

Nice interpretation. :D

My subconscious deserves the credit, not me. ;)

I am having very vivid dreams at the moment... so much so I wake without having felt like I've been to sleep and rested.

Last night I was commuting to work on my bicycle (an old commute route I used to take) when the police pulled me over to question me in front of a TV crew about why I was cycling to work on a Bank Holiday... which I knew and was adamant it wasn't and that work would sack me if I didn't go in. Ridiculous.

Oh and the night before... my mum picked me up to drive me to Snowdon and decided to take the "Sea Road" which completely freaked me out but she was driving on the sea like it was no big deal!!!!!

Quote: L.E. @ September 27 2013, 11:00 AM BST

I am having very vivid dreams at the moment... so much so I wake without having felt like I've been to sleep and rested.

Last night I was commuting to work on my bicycle (an old commute route I used to take) when the police pulled me over to question me in front of a TV crew about why I was cycling to work on a Bank Holiday... which I knew and was adamant it wasn't and that work would sack me if I didn't go in. Ridiculous.

Oh and the night before... my mum picked me up to drive me to Snowdon and decided to take the "Sea Road" which completely freaked me out but she was driving on the sea like it was no big deal!!!!!

I would say it's either:

1/ You should talk to your mum about your work-related anxieties as she will help you put them in perspective and overcome them.

Or

2/ You've already talked to her about them, and you don't feel she's listening to you.

Or something else. :)

Sound advice George. I'm seeing my mum next weekend - shall have a chat with her! :)

Quote: L.E. @ September 27 2013, 1:32 PM BST

Sound advice George. I'm seeing my mum next weekend - shall have a chat with her! :)

Glad if I helped. :)

Should I send my invoice to you, or directly to her. ;)

The other night I dreamed about someone I sort of knew about 15 years ago. The strange thing is that I haven't consciously thought about them in years. Yet in my dream I knew exactly who they were and remembered them in the dream when I woke up.

I had a dream about a nuclear war. There were vicars giving services in the road and at the end we all had to move on because the bodies were putrefying.

Had you been watching the news about the Philippines typhoon before you went to bed?

Quote: William Purry @ 10th November 2013, 12:17 PM GMT

I had a dream about a nuclear war. There were vicars giving services in the road and at the end we all had to move on because the bodies were putrefying.

How awful.

For the first time ever, I dreamt I was in a room in Camberwell with Joni Mitchell. :)

Had she just got out of a big yellow taxi??

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 10th November 2013, 12:37 PM GMT

Had she just got out of a big yellow taxi??

:D

No - but I might have got into one.

It's all a bit hazy. She was nice enough but in that very serious Joni mood. Smoking loads.

We were in an office, I think, on the second floor of an old dusty building. A bit like the ones at the start of Cheers. She was my boss and was breaking the news that the company was on the ropes.

I packed my bags and had a blackout on leaving. The next thing I knew I was on a train going a long way past my station.