Online Dating Page 9

Quote: Jennie @ August 19 2013, 11:24 PM BST

Laughing out loud

From him, that would sound weird and creepy.

From you, it's rather endearing. :)

Thanks. That's because I'm a Horseradish. He's probably an Iceberg. :)

Quote: Marc P @ August 19 2013, 11:26 PM BST

Who knows now.. prob fed up with the bollocks as well :)

You sound very disheartened, which is sad. :(

Quote: Marc P @ August 19 2013, 11:26 PM BST

John Lloyd is good.

Wonder if he does online dating...

No I am good lol :) BBC is sad and disheartened and things will CHANGE! hopefully lol :0

Quote: Marc P @ August 19 2013, 11:33 PM BST

things will CHANGE!

Don't put that on your dating page

Some will get the wrong impression

Quote: sootyj @ August 19 2013, 11:58 PM BST

Don't put that on your dating page

Some will get the wrong impression

;)

I know I might get slammed for this, but I have always found internet dating a little bit DESPERATE and CREEPY! what happend to going to the pub, and picking up a nice lady or bloke. I got married 19 years ago to a girl I gave my coat to when it was raining... the blokes didn't want to know....

Jesus! that makes it 20 years all in all...

Quote: Nigel Ball @ August 20 2013, 12:20 AM BST

I know I might get slammed for this, but I have always found internet dating a little bit DESPERATE and CREEPY! what happend to going to the pub, and picking up a nice lady or bloke. I got married 19 years ago to a girl I gave my coat to when it was raining... the blokes didn't want to know....

Jesus! that makes it 20 years all in all...

Because, in the nicest possible way, the world has changed. Whilst I am yet to be convinced by the whole experience, I think it is just as socially acceptable as picking someone up in a club or bar. Congrats on your 20 years :)

Doesn't help if its raining though

Quote: Jennie @ August 20 2013, 12:26 AM BST

Because, in the nicest possible way, the world has changed. Whilst I am yet to be convinced by the whole experience, I think it is just as socially acceptable as picking someone up in a club or bar.

Yes, jennie it is very "socially acceptable", just be ultra careful.

Quote: Nigel Ball @ August 20 2013, 12:20 AM BST

a little bit DESPERATE and CREEPY!

Ironically, that's exactly what I find most blokes trying to pick people up in pubs and bars to be. :)

How about flower arranging classes?

Quote: Nigel Ball @ August 20 2013, 12:35 AM BST

just be ultra careful.

Thank you, and I will.

But to be honest, I don't see why I have to be more careful on the internet than I would be in a club/bar.

I'm with Zooo. I would rather chat to someone online for a while rather than our first interaction be their hand on my arse at the bar.

Quote: sootyj @ August 20 2013, 12:36 AM BST

Soots, honey. The banned you. You know what they said about the police being called next time? Mrs Petunia Periwinkle made her feelings towards you perfectly clear. Just stay away, sweetie.

Quote: sootyj @ August 20 2013, 12:36 AM BST

Aw. But basically, anyone 'trying' to pick someone up can easily end up coming across a bit Howard from The Big Bang Theory. Creepy and desperate.
I find it all a bit too contrived and embarrassing unless you meet as friends first. But then I'm quite weird.

Quote: zooo @ August 20 2013, 12:35 AM BST

Ironically, that's exactly what I find most blokes trying to pick people up in pubs and bars to be. :)

we're not all creepy. If I saw you sitting in a puddle pissed out of your head in the pissing rain I'd give you my coat too :D Cool