- Richard Todd, Nicole Maurey, Elke Sommer, June Thorburn, Rik Battaglia, Judith Anderson, Dawn Beret, Scot Finch and others
- Clifford Hanley, Denis Cannan and Frederic Gotfurt
- Cyril Frankel
- Frank Godwin
Edinburgh travel agent Bill Ferguson heads on a continental holiday after a falling out with his tempestuous girlfriend Stella, to whom he intended to propose marriage.
Whilst away he receives news that Stella has become engaged to another man, and so doesn't hold back from finding a few flings of his own! In turn, he gives each woman his address and one of a number of spare keys a friend gave him as a joke present before he left home - but fairly understandably assumes he'll never see any of them again.
However, Bill's holiday is cut short when a phone call seals his reunion with and long-awaited engagement to Stella. He heads back to Edinburgh immediately, but it quickly transpires that his flat is not as vacant as he'd expected!
- He was fiancée free and free for anything fancy .... and on a mad merry miss-conducted tour of Europe's beauties!
- UK certificate
- 87 minutes
- Release date
- Monday 29th May 1961
- Production company
- Also known as
- Why Bother To Knock? (US title)
- Music composed by Elisabeth Lutyens and conducted by John Hollingsworth.
- Laugh track
- Upcoming repeats
- Thursday 5th November at 6:45pm on TPTV