- Robin Askwith, Janet Lynn, Jess Conrad, Derek Aylward, Kenneth Hendel, Harry Baird, Peter Elliott, Claire Gordon and others
- Murray Smith
- Pete Walker
- Pete Walker
Comic exploration of what happens to two friends who head to London from a small village in rural Shropshire. Based on a true story.
Joe Sickles and his friend Carol Thatcher leave their lives and families behind, travelling to London to seek their fortune. Carole longs to make it as a top model after winning a local beauty contest, whilst Joe has lofty tales of a job selling high-end sports cars and other top-range vehicles to the rich and powerful.
The naïve pair have barely arrived in London, however, before they find themselves sinking into the capital's seedy side. Carol's height precludes her from getting the high-end work she desires - at least initially - whilst Joe's job is pure fantasy, as it seems is any hope of getting one.
For the friends and occasional lovers, salvation could come with Carol's willingness to take her clothes off. But how long will they last, and can Joe cope with the situation?
- UK certificate
- 101 minutes
- Release date
- November 1970
- Production company
- Also known as
- Oh, Carol (Working title)
- The Dirtiest Girl I Ever Met (US release)
- Music composed and conducted by Cyril Ornadel.
- Laugh track
View recording details
- Last repeat
- Sunday 16th December 2018 at 12:10am on London Live