After The Fox
One of the world's greatest criminals and conmen, Aldo 'The Fox' Vanucci (Peter Sellers) has finally struck gold. But to traffic his embezzled bullion he must enact his most outrageous scheme yet - disguised as a neo-realist film director.
First released: Monday 21st September 2020
- Fully illustrated booklet with new essays (first pressing only)
- After The Fox: A Socially-Distanced Interview (2020, 15 mins): Britt Ekland looks back on the early days of her acting career and remembers the making of After The Fox
- Peter Sellers: A Master Of Disguise (2020, 14 mins): Vic Pratt revisits the enigma of Peter Sellers and his multiple roles in this video essay illustrated with promotional images for After The Fox
- DDR Magazin Nummer 11 (1962, 12 mins): After The Fox director Vittorio De Sica paying a visit to Berlin features prominently in this fascinating East German propaganda newsreel produced in the Cold War era
- Robbery (1897, 1 min): Could this Victorian novelty reel be the earliest heist comedy?
- The Man With The Velvet Voice: Maurice Denham (1961 + 1975, 72 mins): The mellow tones of velvet-voiced actor Maurice Denham who plays an authorative supporting role in After The Fox - ring out as clear as crystal in these two rarities from the BFI National Archive, the CFF classic The Last Rhino and BTF film, Go As You Please... In Britain
- Original theatrical trailer
If ordering from a UK store, please note that you are in Region 1 (DVD)/Region A (Blu-ray), whilst the UK is in Region 2/B, respectively. This means that many - but by no means all - may fail to play. Look for products marked "Region free", "All regions", "Region 0" or "Multi-region". Blu-rays may also be marked "Region A/B/C", "Region free", or variations thereof. You may also check whether your DVD/Blu-ray player supports multi-region playback (also referred to as "region free"), or whether it can be set to do so. There should, of course, be no problems with books, CDs, or other physical items.
More advice & help on importing