Status report Page 5,906

Ah woke up this mawning
And wot did ah see
New tar-mac covering
The road outside meee.

Quote: billwill @ 22nd March 2016, 1:11 PM GMT

The road outside meee.

That suggests there's a road inside you. It's not the A16 is it ? Are strong hairy men probing you with their hydraulic equipment ?

Sounds like your council's got a budget to blow before the tax year ends.

I'm at the airport for the start of an epic beer run. I'm flying across the country to bring back 2 cases of my neighbor's favourite beer before he returns from Afghanistan.

I misread that as 'favourite BEES' and was puzzled.

Ben has been far too distracted for the last half hour to actually get on with what he should be doing.

And this post is proof of further dilly dallying.

Quote: Ben @ 22nd March 2016, 10:35 PM GMT

dilly dallying.

You won't get to the church on time. :(

Quote: keewik @ 22nd March 2016, 10:05 PM GMT

I misread that as 'favourite BEES' and was puzzled.

That would give you a good buzz

Quote: billwill @ 22nd March 2016, 1:11 PM GMT

Ah woke up this mawning
And wot did ah see
New tar-mac covering
The road outside meee.

And by this mawning they had done the other side of the road too.

Well done, to the contractors Conway (I think).

Ready to start flying home. Two cases of beer safely (I hope) in my suitcases.

Quote: DaButt @ 23rd March 2016, 6:28 PM GMT

Ready to start flying home. Two cases of beer safely (I hope) in my suitcases.

Bottles or cans? Surely the handlers will just chuck the cases around and they'll all get smashed.

Or explode when the ring pull is yanked (pun intended) :D

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd March 2016, 6:43 PM GMT

Bottles or cans? Surely the handlers will just chuck the cases around and they'll all get smashed.

There were 48 cans and 5 large bottles and they all made it safely to Texas. I've flown with hundreds of beers in the past and I've only had a single can rupture and it was my fault due to a lazy packing job.

Whats the brew DB?
Must be pretty good to make such a trip.

This is my bottle of choice at the moment...

Well none of my friends ... by which I mean all two of them, have replied to my texts tonight. So I will have to annoy all of you instead.

Quote: Lazzard @ 24th March 2016, 11:32 AM GMT

Whats the brew DB?
Must be pretty good to make such a trip.

Heady Topper is an 8% imperial IPA made by a small brewery in Vermont. They brew about 2000 cases per week and it's currently ranked 5th on Beer Advocate's list of the world's best beers; it spent a few years at the top of the chart.

Beer lovers literally chase the delivery truck from store to store, buying it 4 cans at a time. It's probably the best-smelling beer I've ever put my nose in.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/lists/top/

Quote: Lazzard @ 24th March 2016, 11:32 AM GMT

This is my bottle of choice at the moment...

Simcoe, Citra and Mosaic: the classic new wave of fruity American hops. It sounds good, but American drinkers would shake their heads at 3.8% and would insist that it be 5% or higher.

Brewdog recently published the recipes for all their beers, so maybe you can try brewing it yourself!