Jim Jefferies

Anyone heard of this Aussie comic? He's based in the UK, but I only heard of him through a US radio show!

He's tells some shockingly foul tales and, as long as I can book time off work, I should be going to see him in Lincoln in a few weeks time.

Check him out at http://www.jim-jeffries.com/

I can't stand him. He has the wit of a pencil. But I hope you have a good time.

:)

He's very funny, IMO. Superb on fivelive's Fighting Talk if you download those particular episodes of the show. He makes wildly inappropriate comments for an 11am Saturday morning show involving Magic Johnson and apparently 'sometimes, you gotta use lube...'

There's utube somewhere of him getting punched on stage in Manchester, which may appeal to Leevil.

Dan

I saw him two days ago at the Comedy Store. Basically an asshole whose idea of wit is to say c**t and f**k as often as possible, make pisspoor Maddie McCann jokes (ie not only crap, but dated crap) and bang on about how he loves gang rape etc. Shock value for the sake of it, and not a scrap of intelligence. Not a single memorable gag, just endless stuff about paedos. Like being trapped in a lift with a Sun-reading lynch mob.

Dan Sweryt is a fine young(ish) man.

I am concerned that you are trying this wildly inappropriate, shock-value humour we have just mentioned...

Dan

Just watched a couple of clips on YouTube... thought he was pretty amusing. :)

So, I saw Jim the other night in Lincoln and he was excellent. Probably one of my favourite gigs I've been too.

Yes, there was a lot of swearing and offensive humour, but, like the 350 other people there, I was rolling in the aisle at points.

He did two 1 hour sets, which for £10 a ticket seemed very good value to me.

I advise you to go see him, but only if you have no morals.

I'm off to see Jim again this weekend. Can't wait!

JJ is my favourite stand-up, I've been fortunate enough to see his show on four occasions.

He did rip the piss out of me at one of them though, but apart from this small error on his part, I can't recommend him highly enough.

I don't like comics who swear or are controversial for the sake of it, but I found Jim Jeffries very funny when I saw his recent special.

Booked tickets to see him at the Fringe.

Also, funny story:

Edited at my girlfriend's request.

Does your friend Sue know that he's got genital warts?

No
But you hum it...

Saw him last night and he was very funny. Almost all new material for his Alcoholocaust show that starts tonight in London. He took questions at the end which led to some very funny material. I spoke to him very briefly after the show which is always fun and invading.

He had a great support act from a London comic called Pete Cain (He looks like an even handsomer Tim Walker) who was more than good enough to consider seeing on his own.

Between acts they had an elderly chap go round selling cockles and prawns. A nice touch.

Quote: James BradburyHarding @ July 23 2010, 9:21 PM BST

Edited at my girlfriend's request.

Whatever would Jim say?