Most attractive comedy actress Page 42

I remember that - very sexy lady; but just to come back to her father Mervyn, he was in one of the best WWII propaganda films "Went the Day Well?", which had quite a few fledgling British actors.

A film I never tire of watching. Brilliant!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0035429/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Glynis Johns was quite attractive in an olde-fashioned way but I can't think of her without thinking of her father, the utterly wonderful Mervyn Johns - without whom the British film industry would simply not have been the same and who lived to be 93.

Dragging myself back on topic, I tend to divide attractive women into those who simply exude bonkability (and not much else) and those with whom I'd like to have a more meaningful relationship as well as a shed-load of bonking.

I can think of no better example of the latter than Emma Thompson.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 2nd August 2015, 12:16 PM BST

Dragging myself back on topic, I tend to divide attractive women into those who simply exude bonkability (and not much else) and those with whom I'd like to have a more meaningful relationship as well as a shed-load of bonking.

Oh yes. I read Emma Thompson and my down belows twinched a little. I particularly like Emma Thompson because I saw The Tall Guy when I was about 10/11 and started having 'special feelings' during her nudey sex scene with Jeff Goldblum. I saw her boobies and everything!

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 2nd August 2015, 1:07 PM BST

Oh yes. I read Emma Thompson and my down belows twinched a little. I particularly like Emma Thompson because I saw The Tall Guy when I was about 10/11 and started having 'special feelings' during her nudey sex scene with Jeff Goldblum. I saw her boobies and everything!

Posts like Roodeye's and Doug's make me very happy indeed :) Having recently decided to choose face over figure, here's hoping us larger lasses' personalities get a mention. It's a bit like the plot for 'The Truth About Cats And Dogs' which does have a comedy connection due to the 'Game On' link.

On the flipside, I just read the US GQ interview with Emily, she of the semi nudey 'Blurred Lines' fame and she came across as an absolute idiot.

Ramble ramble nail varnish fumes ....

Oh no. She is so full of herself.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd August 2015, 11:32 AM BST

I just had to do a bit of research for my wife on the background to Anthony Forwood, latterly partner of Dirk Bogarde and found out that he was married for four years just after the last war to Glynis Johns, a lady I lusted after in my youth with her sexy husky voice, and daughter of one of my all time favourite actors Mervyn Johns.

AND, she is still alive aged 91!!

Lovey

I do remember enjoying her "sitcom".

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 2nd August 2015, 4:22 PM BST

Posts like Roodeye's and Doug's make me very happy indeed :) Having recently decided to choose face over figure, here's hoping us larger lasses' personalities get a mention. It's a bit like the plot for 'The Truth About Cats And Dogs' which does have a comedy connection due to the 'Game On' link.

On the flipside, I just read the US GQ interview with Emily, she of the semi nudey 'Blurred Lines' fame and she came across as an absolute idiot.

Ramble ramble nail varnish fumes ....

I'd give you a kiss BlueNun. Right on the face. And I'd hold your hand and you'd bloody love it.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 2nd August 2015, 8:23 PM BST

I'd give you a kiss BlueNun. Right on the face. And I'd hold your hand and you'd bloody love it.

"Kiss my face!"

Blushes Lovey

You are planning to get on the train to London for the next BCG Drinks aren't you Mr W?

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 2nd August 2015, 8:50 PM BST

"Kiss my face!"

Blushes Lovey

You are planning to get on the train to London for the next BCG Drinks aren't you Mr W?

I'd love to, but despite being clearly well in there with you Blue, it's not possible I'm afraid. I'm a carer with a very small support network. To be honest, if it happened in Norwich (were I live) I'd struggle to attend.

Emma Thompson.

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd August 2015, 7:06 PM BST

Oh no. She is so full of herself.

When she could so easily be full of ME! :(

You might as well say Florence - not of the machine.

Quote: Aaron @ 31st July 2015, 12:39 PM BST

:D

Close down this thread now. Aaron is absolutely correct.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 3rd August 2015, 11:20 PM BST

I'd love to, but despite being clearly well in there with you Blue, it's not possible I'm afraid. I'm a carer with a very small support network. To be honest, if it happened in Norwich (were I live) I'd struggle to attend.

I think that we should all decamp to Norwich - after all, there's a fair few East Anglians on here.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 4th August 2015, 10:16 PM BST

I think that we should all decamp to Norwich - after all, there's a fair few East Anglians on here. I understand about the carer thing, until recently we had quite a few issues which are still taking place.

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd August 2015, 11:31 PM BST

You might as well say Florence - not of the machine.

She's Craig Brown's niece by marriage don't you know? Florence Welch that is, not Ms Nightingale or The one from The Magic Roundabout.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 4th August 2015, 10:19 PM BST

I think that we should all decamp to Norwich - after all, there's a fair few East Anglians on here.

No thank you. Angry

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th August 2015, 10:20 PM BST

No thank you. Angry

We could all come and stay in your barn HGT.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 4th August 2015, 10:19 PM BST

And you're all probably interrelated.