How I Met Your Mother Page 2

Quote: catskillz @ May 29 2008, 2:55 AM BST

I'm surprised so many people like this show.

I don't think people like-like it, I just think it's a fairly innocuous harmless sitcom that deserves a bigger audience.

The main character, and the tall one, are just too nicey-picey and goody-goody for my liking. I remember watching one episode, in which the tall one started a new job, and almost broke down crying, because his new workmates expected him to join in with them, making suggestive remarks about girls, and he didn't want to, because he had a girlfriend, and men with girlfriends don't do such evil, evil things.

I sort of agree with you, it is kind of bland. But sometimes bland and inoffensive is just what the doctor ordered.

I actually really like this sitcom. I think it's the best since Friends and it's a shame it doesn't get the same exposure then that.

I buy it on R1 DVD as it seems to get released before the episodes are shown on TV here.

Just saw the first episode of the new season. Funny with a bit of a new direction. That's just my opinion though. YAY NEW TV SEASON!

Love this show a bit too much.

I like it.
They are a bit too nice, but nice people do exist.

I mainly watch it for Barney though (loooooooove him). I can't really tell the difference between the other two boys.

I've only recently got into this and have been watching it every day on E4. I love it. It's really funny and fills the whole that Friends left for me. :) Barney is ace.

Quote: EllieJP @ March 25 2010, 2:58 PM GMT

and fills the whole that Friends left for me

>_< Wrong hole.

I did get into this show, but I was living abroad at the time so was watching mostly American shows. It's all right, but then again I quite liked Carpoolers at the time too.

Anyone up to date with the American broadcasting of the show? (ep3 S4)

Is it not in its 6th season in America?

I'm near the start of the third season, just watching it online. I'm enjoying it, but tentative about recommending it to people.

Robin is quite dull :(

I caught a bit of this last night and enjoyed it in a low level unthinking way.

Quote: veedeeplex @ November 11 2010, 6:40 AM GMT

Is it not in its 6th season in America?

I'm near the start of the third season, just watching it online. I'm enjoying it, but tentative about recommending it to people.

Robin is quite dull :(

oh yes I meant ep3 S6

The best episodes are the ones that end the way the latest episode did (ep18 S6) Anything less than a slight twist leaves me feeling empty after watching.