What are you eating? Page 318

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ August 8 2009, 5:27 PM BST

Salad can be nice - and I don't even have salad dressing. Salad leaves, tomatoes and cucumber. Yum. Or orange, carrot and sultana salad is nice.

Yeah. I'm just being miserable. I quite like salad.

I can't oranges either :(

Quote: bigfella @ August 8 2009, 6:06 PM BST

Yeah. I'm just being miserable. I quite like salad.

I can't oranges either :(

Oh no!

Did you know all this before your op? It's not the easy option the press would like to make out.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ August 8 2009, 6:07 PM BST

Oh no!

Did you know all this before your op? It's not the easy option the press would like to make out.

Oh yes.

Trust me I didn't think I can't be arsed dieting and going to the gym I'll have the op.

My problems started when I was nine and got a stutter and then started emotional eating cos I was being bulled. Basically as I went through life the problem got worse and worse. I was still quite fit 12 years ago - playing American Football for Loughborough Uni - I reakon I was about 25 stonish then.

I really had tried everything and wasn't really keen on the op - but knew it was the final option.

I knew about the sugar thing - and that is a good thing cos sugar is bad. The occassional thing seems to be okay, but obviously for losing weight sugar is to be avoided. I'm not that fused..I hate cake but miss chocolate a bit. But of course when I had chocolate I had a whole big Dairy milk bar.

I can't do apple peel or pear peal or any pithy fruit. Raw veg is meant to be a no no but its okay for me.

But bread is the big bugger. I can't really do any more than a slice at a time. Which again is good cos I used to go through a loaf a day.

But the pluses outweigh the negatives and I wouldn't go back for all the money in the world.

Good for you. :)

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ August 8 2009, 6:19 PM BST

Good for you. :)

Yeah - but I'd love a big steak with lashing of chips followed by a piece of apple pie and ice cream.

Still .....at least I can walk now. :)

Quote: bigfella @ August 8 2009, 6:22 PM BST

Yeah - but I'd love a big steak with lashing of chips followed by a piece of apple pie and ice cream.

Ah, but you had all that before.

I put on a bit of weight when I had a baby, mainly from drugs I had to take and I felt weird. It was a bit of a novelty being so curvy, but it was feeling fit and active I missed. I'm just naturally supposed to be thin.

I've always been naturally curvy and chemo threw all that out of whack. Hoping to get back to normal soon.

Ben and Jerrys!

Nom nom!

Slightly burnt popcorn...not too shabby...

Popcorn

:)

Chocolate. Again.

Does anyone else ever go through stages of thinking where you say to yourself, I'm gonna stop eating crap, and start eating healthier and start getting fit?

I do this every so often. Did it the weekend when we went for "the big shop". Started off well, the trolley looked reasonably healthy. But that night we decided to have chips, so we bought two big bags of frozen chips (fail) and today I've eaten two big bags of crisps (double fail) and no exorcise has been achieved yet (triple fail).

What am I eating? McCoy's Chedder & Onion crisps. :( Nom! :) :( Teary Nom! :) :( Teary Nom! ...

Quote: Leevil @ August 10 2009, 3:31 PM BST

Does anyone else ever go through stages of thinking where you say to yourself, I'm gonna stop eating crap, and start eating healthier

Oh yes. Yes, indeedy.

I'm doing it now. But letting myself eat whatever crap I like on Sundays.
And Saturdays...

>_<

I picked up my exercise bike from my parents last Thursday. It's still in pieces in the boot of my car. Whistling nnocently

Of the millions of home exercise bikes that must have been bought over the years, I reckon probably only about ten have been used for more than a week.