It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

I can't believe nobody's mentioned this show. I caught it on Virgin 1 on Monday night and loved it. It's about four friends who run a bar and is sharp, irreverant and laugh out loud funny. It reminded me a bit of a younger, hipper Curb Your Enthusiasm. Virgin are idiots for not scheduling it earlier.

Yeah, I 'acquired' COUGH COUGH the whole first season earlier this year, on recommendation from a friend in the states. Only ever got around to watching the first two episodes for some reason, but certainly seemed very good. Will get through the rest at some point!

I've said it before, Aaron, and I'll say it again, you're a lightweight.

Yeah, I really like this show.

Quote: chipolata @ October 12, 2007, 10:44 AM

I've said it before, Aaron, and I'll say it again, you're a lightweight.

I prefer the term "lazy bastard".

;)

I caught this for the first time last night. Loved it.

Very much in the same mould as Curb your Enthusiasm, which is okay by me.

Will be tuning in to this next week for sure.

Is there a DVD release out on Region one?

I agree monkeybeard. Unfortunately if the lacklustre response it's getting on this forum is anything to go by, then it's not exactly setting the ratings world on fire (then again, the people on this forum think Not Going Out is the second coming of the comedy christ, so maybe that's not such a bad thing).

I don't watch it but I did see the one when Danny DiVito was tripping while tailgating at a Phiadelphia Eagles football tryout. That was funny as hell.

How the dickens do I see Virgin 1?
Will it be on freeview or do I need yet another piece of kit?
Really trying to keep up here!

Feeling ancient!

Teary

Quote: Mannikin Bird @ October 31, 2007, 10:16 PM

How the dickens do I see Virgin 1?

It's already on Freeview Mannikin Bird - Channel 20 I believe. But only look after 6pm - its not on during the day.

If you can't see it then you need to re-scan your Freeview box to pickup the new channels. This is easy to do - just go into the menu and find Re-Scan, Tune, Channel Setup or an option like that. If you can't see Virgin 1 this will definitely be worth doing as there's been lots of changes recently so you could find other new channels too (e.g. Channel Dave on Ch19, C4+1 on Ch13, NutsTV on... never mind about that one).

Quote: Mark @ November 1, 2007, 2:42 PM

It's already on Freeview Mannikin Bird - Channel 20 I believe. But only look after 6pm - its not on during the day.

If you can't see it then you need to re-scan your Freeview box to pickup the new channels. This is easy to do - just go into the menu and find Re-Scan, Tune, Channel Setup or an option like that. If you can't see Virgin 1 this will definitely be worth doing as there's been lots of changes recently so you could find other new channels too (e.g. Channel Dave on Ch19, C4+1 on Ch13, NutsTV on... never mind about that one).

Thankyou Mark. Now if you could just help me with the timer on the oven......

:)

Just a quick reminder that this returns to Virgin 1 (Freeview 20) tonight at 11pm. It's well worth checking out if you haven't seen it yet. I'll be interested to see Chuck before it as well, which looks a bit Reaperish, only with a spy angle instead of a devil angle.

It's 43 bucks Canadian for two seasons. That's not a bad deal. If I wasn't broke from being at the tail end of school I'd buy it.
They made the funniest promo for a show I had ever seen: Blowing Devito

I agree about it being ridiculously funny. I love it, it's effortlessly irreverant and nasty, and much prefer it to the last few Curb seasons. Unfortunately it hasn't been released on DVD in the UK yet.

And while I've got a Canadian's ear, have you seen The Newsroom and Slings and Arrows, which are both supposed to be funny shows from your neck of the woods?

I really liked Newsroom but didn't get much of a chance to see Slings and Arrows (it played when I worked).I think Slings and Arrows was a bit more of a drama though then a comedy. Unfortunately with both shows more people outside of Canada watched them than inside of Canada. If these shows would have been put in the US first and then Canada I think they would still both be big hits. They are both worthy of trying to find.
Slings and Arrows though had an amazing cast that has since seen many move away. :(
Also if you like those I would highly recommend "Made In Canada". It was hallarious and in the same league as The Newsroom.