The B.B.C.

So they're talking again about looking into the BBC's finances and maybe adjusting the Licence fee because of the terrible waste.

I've always been a great supporter of the BBC but I know they waste money on rubbish and salaries, relocation and ridiculous perks for staff.

They do produce some really classy programmes and I don't want to have to pay in another way for it or have adverts.

One of the things which really pisses me off is the amount they must spend on the National Lottery shows. Does anyone really care what station it would be on? Does anyone care about the programme apart from the draw itself? I for one don't buy tickets anyway.

Where is the licence fee going? Attenborough has gone to make shows for Sky, kids TV has shrunk to nothing, regional news is threadbare, Top of the Pops went years ago, comedy shows are cheap panel show formats, the last series of Doctor Who was lame, and Newsnight has turned into Newsround. The only show that looks like it has had money spent on it is Strictly Come Dancing and that is only on for 14 shows per year

It might be a small thing I know but, why do they have to have two commentators at each football match doing half of each half twice?

Every local radio station seems to get by with one.

And don't even get me started on Alan Green.

I can't think of many new BBC shows I watch anymore, apart from documentary.

Oh ffs Chappers I was hoping to get some things done this weekend! BBC? BBC? !!! Pirate Don't get me started on the BBC. They're very nice to peedo disk jocks I hear.

Didn't I read they spend 30k a day on taxis for guests. That's what..... 200 people's fee per day for taxis

I liked Matt Lucas on the One Show yesterday.

I like Matt Lucas.

As someone who's worked for them quite a bit, I'm wondering what 'ridiculous perks' you're referring to? I seem to have missed out.

I thought this was going to be about the Balham Bowls Club which is one of the finest pubs I've ever been in.

Quote: Wills @ 28th February 2015, 11:56 AM GMT

As someone who's worked for them quite a bit, I'm wondering what 'ridiculous perks' you're referring to? I seem to have missed out.

In the seventies you used to be allowed to goose the assistants.

Quote: Ben @ 28th February 2015, 12:58 PM GMT

I thought this was going to be about the Balham Bowls Club which is one of the finest pubs I've ever been in.

'Balham - Gateway To The South'

Very funny sketch by Peter Sellers.............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RTWk9QIKS0

"Honey's off dear" Laughing out loud

Quote: Marc P @ 28th February 2015, 1:30 PM GMT

In the seventies you used to be allowed the goose the assistants.

And their kids

Quote: Oldrocker @ 28th February 2015, 1:21 AM GMT

It might be a small thing I know but, why do they have to have two commentators at each football match doing half of each half twice?

Every local radio station seems to get by with one.

I've often thought the same. Plus why do they need so many "experts"?

Quote: Lee @ 28th February 2015, 2:26 AM GMT

I can't think of many new BBC shows I watch anymore, apart from documentary.

Yes but they generally do good documentaries. I've no problem with those.

The BBC has its problems, but 5live is not one of them. It's by far the most competently produced 'talk' radio station on the airwaves.

My main gripe is entertainment. They spend a lot of cash making replicas of reality-based ITV shows instead of being original. Friday/Saturday night family TV is woeful.