THE PERVERTED OPTICIAN - This Glorious Monster

Hello all!

So we have a new little skit. THE PERVERTED OPTICIAN.

Check out YouTube.com/thisgloriousmonster for previous bits and bobs.

Hope you enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlJ25Mh_5Ys&spfreload=10

Much love TGM
Hug Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Hilarious stuff. Very League of Gentlemen, but with a more manic edge to it.

I've seen a few of your videos before and they're always funny.

I see Hat Trick have signed you up. When's the sketch show coming out?!

That's awesome a really, tight, simple idea with great performances.
It's made even better by there being no punchline it's just a really great sketch.
And thanks for giving us all hope by being signed with a sketch show.

'Frazzles' Laughing out loud

Great stuff.

Well we have just been commissioned to write a pilot for BBC Radio 4. But a sitcom.

We spent 8 months developing this. Back n fourth with Hatrick and the BBC. But sadly the BBC felt they didn't want a sketch show!

Pretty gutted as ours had enough of a word and a monstrous twist that got it consider for that time. They're just not willing to take the risk it feels. Also they have to keep the same people on tele at all times. So gotta wait for someone to retire or pop clogs.

But hey. Thanks for the kind world. The inductry does feel likes its changing. New audio ventures, Online budgets increasing vastly. We are just happy to be doing the Sitcom at the moment. Hopefully they will pick that up and we can build on that.

We really appreciate people taking the time to say they enjoy it or watched it etc. So thanks for that chaps.

We have a fair few things bubbling at the mo. Just will take us longer to break that TV sketch show in.

Please share the sketch about if you can. WE NEED THE HELP xx

All the best in all your endeavours as well. We all know this is a tough game. But there are a lot of talented people out there. Keep rocking.

TGM

Well done guys bear in mind it is a committee of people who make these sometimes extremely fatuous decisions. Like to commission you for a sitcom. Sorry I meant to say who turn down your sketch show!! You must find it frustrating given the visual nature of your work but a lot of sitcoms go on to TV and sometimes a sitcom can be a developed sketch show!! League and the other one they did with Mr Jolley. Think thematically with a narrative arc and work on something that suits your passions that could translate to TV and keep your own flavour. Gone are the days sadly when Barry Took could say to a bunch of guys - hey a slot has just come up, f**k around and have some fun and we'll stick it up on BBC2. But I guess that was something completely different.
Don;t look on it as a knickknack but a big step forward.

Stupid patronising thing to say I know .. but a bottle or two of the strong waters and give it a go. The stuff isn't dead and buried by the way, it's there to be used later. When they want something else quick, you are good to go!

Best of luck with it all and well done. (patronising wanker mode again!)

:)

Thanks Marc!

We are really chuffed with the Radio 4 sitcom pilot. Hatrick optioned it straight after the sketch show was turned down. They are really keen to get something TGM out there. Even if it is a bit more classic sitcom.

Really feel Radio 4 are giving us our first break. I've acted in many things for many years. But this writing game is a toughie to break in to. So we are very chuffed to have been commissioned. Good on them!

It is a long game as you say. There are great guys at the BBC. They really spent a lot of time going back and fourth with developing what we would do as a series. In my eyes it's a shame it was called off before pilot as we could have shown them fully what a This Glorious Monster show is about. But its only a no for now!

We will adjust, re affirm and re pitch it I'm sure! It also has honed our writing gaining all that positive feedback.

Great stuff.
Glad you're finally getting some traction - albeit not your first choice.
But that'll come.
Always admired your work in the past - this is well deserved recognition.

Disgraceful, you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves. Three bearded men is too many for one sketch - someone will have to shave.

Ha. Sometimes when we perform there is so much beard friction it starts random fires on stage!

Lazzar bless you for your kind words. Very encouraging sir. We are just trying to up the TGM publicity. So please feel free to share our skits etc.

In fact do any of you wise men know any other good sites where people post sketches etc? Done the usual Funny or die B3ta and stuff.

P.s. Excuse my terrible spelling and total random wordiness. I'm writing on the move on an iPhone. Its amazing what the iPhone thinks you meant to say.

Good luck with the sitcom! I look forward to hearing it!

That's very funny well done...enjoyed that...I'm off to the opticians in the next few days if it doesn't happen like that I'll be disappointed.

Enjoyed that and your other videos, very odd I like them.